From: Alistair on
On Jun 23, 3:45 am, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
> Nevertheless, I'd rather see even hateful mail like his occasionally, than
> have posts here censored.
>
> I think your point about contacting the domain is a good one, Alistair.  But
> he can argue it is an unmoderated forum and he can say whatever he likes.

I have contacted the people at NETREGISTRY. . . something and am in
communication with them. According to google, lots of offensive emails/
postings are coming from Reece.net.au.

There are limits to free speech.

From: Alistair on
On Jun 23, 3:47 am, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:

> > And now I have found out that the coward behind the offensive email is
> > hiding behind a freely available anonymizer.
>
> Imagine for a moment what it must be like to be him/her... All that hatred
> just burning you up. I have to believe this is not a happy person. Perhaps
> we all get what we deserve... :-)

I know what it is like to be like that person. A friend of mine is a
certified paranoid schizophrenic with a burning hatred for foreigners
with a skin colour suggestive of even the most lightest of tans. I
don't agree with his views and am increasingly making that
disagreemnet an issue.

Paranoid schizophrenics have particular problems with classifying
people (any one who is skinny is a cocaine addict, anyone with a black
skin is a Somalian suicide bomber (he doesnt realise that the Somalis
do not normally become suicide bombers)).

His views are hypocritical as he has black friends whom he classes as
whites because they don't behave like the stereotypical blacks he sees
in the worst of American TV.
From: Alistair on
On Jun 23, 3:35 pm, docdw...(a)panix.com () wrote:
> In article <88dau9Fei...(a)mid.individual.net>,
>
> Pete Dashwood <dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >Perhaps
> >we all get what we deserve... :-)
>
> As opposed to the words of Gandalf the Grey: 'There are those who live who
> deserve to die and those who die who deserve life.  Can you give it to
> them, Mr Frodo Baggins?'
>
> DD

I didn't know that Gandalf the Grey was a renowned German philosopher.
From: Anonymous on
In article <f859a3b4-c382-4579-a415-fd9fcb9535d5(a)z8g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
Alistair <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>On Jun 23, 3:35?pm, docdw...(a)panix.com () wrote:

[snip]

>> As opposed to the words of Gandalf the Grey: 'There are those who live who
>> deserve to die and those who die who deserve life. ?Can you give it to
>> them, Mr Frodo Baggins?'
>
>I didn't know that Gandalf the Grey was a renowned German philosopher.

As much as Mr Frodo Baggins was a student at Cambridge, perhaps.

DD

From: Anonymous on
In article <c13d227e-2b1f-4079-add2-abc0b667bff4(a)z8g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
Alistair <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>On Jun 23, 3:47?am, "Pete Dashwood"
><dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> > And now I have found out that the coward behind the offensive email is
>> > hiding behind a freely available anonymizer.
>>
>> Imagine for a moment what it must be like to be him/her... All that hatred
>> just burning you up. I have to believe this is not a happy person. Perhaps
>> we all get what we deserve... :-)
>>

>I know what it is like to be like that person. A friend of mine is a
>certified paranoid schizophrenic with a burning hatred for foreigners
>with a skin colour suggestive of even the most lightest of tans.

[snip]

>His views are hypocritical as he has black friends whom he classes as
>whites because they don't behave like the stereotypical blacks he sees
>in the worst of American TV.

Mr Maclean, if he is a certified paranoid schizophrenic then his views
might be seen less as subject to 'hyporcisy' and more as subject to
'irrationality'. You might want to websearch the punchline 'dead men do
bleed' for an example.

DD