From: terryc on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:06:01 +0000, HD wrote:

> The helicopter they use for mustering and the plane they use to fly
> shopping will pay for a house in Sydney.
> Selling a station for $10 Million will pay for a lot of units.

And you can then retire with an income from all these city people who
gave you shite.

What 20 units at $500k each, or 40@$500K and a nice negative gearing
allowance whilst their rent pays of the loan(s)..
From: terryc on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:30:55 +0000, HD wrote:

> The few farmers are more important and create more wealth than the paper
> shufflers in city offices.

You left out the word real. the kind that doesn't go poof when shares go
jittery.

From: Rod Speed on
B J Foster wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> HD wrote

>>> Yea, your grain for your bread, your daily milk, butter and cheese, your beef, your fresh fruit and vegetables etc.
>>> etc.
>>> You haven't got a clue.

>> You either.

> Did you mean 'you neither' Speedy boy?

Nope, fuckwit child.

From: Swampfox on
Mr.T wrote:
> "Swampfox" <noidea(a)whocares.com> wrote in message
>>> AND the existing Optus fibre cable in Melbourne and Sydney.
>>
>> Except that the Optus fibre optic cable doesn't run to houses, the
>> one you see in the street is coax.
>
> Fibre to the node, just like Telstra.
>
> MrT.

But the NBN will be fibre to the house, so it's apples and oranges.

From: Mr.T on

"HD" <herpem(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message

> >> I'm sure they can when they sell their multi million dollar stations to
> > the
> >> Chinese
> >
> > Yep, if they sell their cattle station leasholds they can afford a house
> > in
> > Sydney I guess :-)
>
> The helicopter they use for mustering and the plane they use to fly
shopping
> will pay for a house in Sydney.
> Selling a station for $10 Million will pay for a lot of units.

Only a few, but no room for the cows!

> >> Yea, your grain for your bread, your daily milk, butter and cheese,
your
> >> beef, your fresh fruit and vegetables etc. etc.
> >> You haven't got a clue.
> >
> > Ha, maybe you should try reading the labels on almost any other item in
> > the
> > supermarket.
>
> Is that all you eat? Some tin food?

Nope, but I'm amazed you think nobody in Australia eats all that packaged
food they have in the supermarkets!
You must be the only one I've ever heard of who eats NO imported food, or
won't admit to it at least!

> Who eats Australias 26 million cattle?

We have more Kangaroos than that! And very few people eat kangaroo meat.

> Who eats the $5 billion beef that we export?
> Who eats the $2.5 billion wheat that we export?

WOW, is it THAT little now, I know it's a long time since "Australia rode on
the sheeps back". A **VERY** small earner compared to the mining industry
then!

MrT.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: Good ebay junk?
Next: Watching 3D movies on my computer