From: Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] on
Yes they would but you would not have access to Exchange, etc.

--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed

"Douglas Ofner" <DouglasOfner(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C6162C9-508B-4B08-A198-B9FC9C9D8C2D(a)microsoft.com...
Addendum:

When you say additional domain controllers, that would suggest that even if
the "Boss" is down the user accounts would still be on the "additional domain
controllers", is that correct?

Doug
From: Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] on
Does the custom app reside on the Servers in the office or does each user have the app on their PC at their remote location.

--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/0672329573/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217269967&sr=8-1
Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
A Microsoft Registered Partner
------------------------------------
MVPs do not work for Microsoft
Please do not submit questions directly to me.

"Douglas Ofner" <DouglasOfner(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63C7B6D-FCD2-476C-83E6-87046ADC965A(a)microsoft.com...
Hey,

Again, thanks for the replies.

No, these 150 are using a custom app so no worries for them with rdp or any
other remote access.

I have never heard of pass through authentication. Is there any recommended
reading for this?

Thanks again,

Doug
From: Douglas Ofner on
Hi Chris:

The custom app has a server side component that handles all the requests
from the client apps. None of it integrates with windows AD.

That server is dedicated to that application.

If that is true, and the other AD servers will be able to pickup user
authentication if the SBS server is down then i am fine with continuing the
setup.

Would you agree that is is ok?

Regards,

Doug

From: Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] on
If the LOB app resides on the SBS network and folks have to authenicate AD somehow to access the app i.e. security on the shared folder (which very well may it's own authenication too)...then SBS is a no go.

From: Douglas Ofner on
Hey Chris:

Im sorry, not sure what the LOB is...

Thanks,

Doug

"Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]" wrote:

> If the LOB app resides on the SBS network and folks have to authenicate AD somehow to access the app i.e. security on the shared folder (which very well may it's own authenication too)...then SBS is a no go.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: How to????
Next: Software to monitor servers?