From: Douglas Ofner on
LOB app runs independent of the domain, it could be installed on XP. No AD
authentication.

My concerns are not witht he LOB app at all, but more with demoting all the
other AD servers and letting the SBS take control. If the SBS goes down,
will the other AD server (which have been demoted since the SBS addition) be
abke to authenticate our local 7 users?

Much thanks for your help and time.

From: Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] on
Yes they will be able to authenicate. They should also be made Global Catalog and DNS servers and you have to take into account for DHCP if the SBS server goes down.

I still think you misunderstand the LOB app and it's relationship to resources on the server
If the LOB is located on A Server (any server) handled by SBS and there are NTFS permissions on that folder, and in order to access that folder you must logon to the active directory network, regardless of anything esle...a CAL is required.

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
I think you may be overlooking the part where it says that you do not have
to demote the other servers. SBS is quite happy with additional servers.

I did skim the entire thread and I see where you have acknowleged this earlier,
so why is it still an issue?

-Larry

-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.

-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: How to????