From: John John - MVP on
Joubini wrote:
> John John - MVP;4714648 Wrote:
>> Look in the Event Log, the error may be recorded there. Otherwise you
>> will have to look in the memory dump (.dmp) file, reading memory dump
>> files is not for the technically challenged!
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263
>> How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for
>> debugging.
>>
>> These error codes (0xa, 0xd1, 0xce) are all typically caused by faulty
>> device drivers. 0xa can also be caused by file system filter drivers,
>> most commonly by AV software.
>>
>> Using the Verifier utility to test the drivers may help you find the
>> problem driver:
>>
>> http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu8j2FRlLvNQAcRhXNyoA?p=driver+verifier&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-t-501
>>
>> Joubini>[/color]
>
> Unfortunately, I have no idea where to find the Event log...

In the Administrative Tools (Event Viewer), or enter eventvwr in the
Start menu Run box. Look for errors in the System log, you wan to look
at the errors (items with rex X). Double click on the error for
information on the event. If you want to post error information here
click on the 'Clipboard" icon (below the Up/Down arrows) and then paste
the error message to your post.

> As for the Verifier Utility, I also am not sure how to use it. When I
> turned it on (standard settings = select all driver), and then rebooted
> into normal mode, I repeatedly got BSOD's (0x000000CD). When I rebooted
> into safe mode, it said that these drivers had not been verified...
> Does this mean that the Verifier utility cant work if I boot into safe
> mode? And how can I tell which driver is causing the problem? Do these
> extra parameters that the BSOD give specify where the problem is?

There was no file identified in the BSOD screen? To get out of the
Verifier BSOD reboot loop reboot to the Last Known Good Configuration.

John
From: Joubini on

Hmm, there were a lot of errors in the event viewer from the most recent
start up:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:46:01
User: N/A
Computer: JOUBIN
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 8f14ca48, parameter2 00000002,
parameter3 00000001, parameter4 f78580f3.

Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 64 100000d
0020: 31 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 1 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 38 66 eters 8f
0030: 31 34 63 61 34 38 2c 20 14ca48,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 32 00000002
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 31 2c 20 66 37 38 35 01, f785
0050: 38 30 66 33 80f3

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:45:51
User: N/A
Computer: JOUBIN
Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000166, parameter2 00000002,
parameter3 00000000, parameter4 804e5433.

Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 30 1000000
0020: 61 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d a Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 31 36 36 2c 20 000166,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 32 00000002
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 38 30 34 65 00, 804e
0050: 35 34 33 33 5433

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:44:22
User: N/A
Computer: JOUBIN
The Remote Procedure Call (RPCE) service terminated unexpectedly. It
has done this 1 time(s).

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026
Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:44:22
User: N/A
Computer: JOUBIN
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Lbd

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7023
Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:44:22
User: N/A
Computer: JOUBIN
The HID Input Service service terminated with the following error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:44:22
User: N/A
Computer: JOUBIN
The Internet Lock Service service failed to start due to the following

Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:44:22
User: N/A
Computer: JOUBIN
The Symantec Eraser Service service failed to start due to the
following error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:42:16
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: JOUBIN
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode "
attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order
to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1003
Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:44:05
User: N/A
Computer: JOUBIN
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from
the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0007E9C94141.
The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue
to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP)
server.

Data:
0000: 79 00 00 00 y...

*********This last one was the only "warning" one (it had a yellow
exclamation mark, while the rest had red x's). It also seems to be why I
cant use internet in normal mode.

When I started the comp back into safe mode, there were these two
errors:

Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:53:21
User: N/A
Computer: JOUBIN
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Aavmker4
aswSP
Fips
intelppm
Lbd

AND

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Date: 12/5/2009
Time: 20:52:34
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: JOUBIN
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode "
attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order
to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Well, in the most recent BSODs, there was no file specified, however,
in the ones before that, a few times the file was "aegisp.sys" and once
it was "WHW133.tmp", neither of which I can find on the computer.

--
Joubini
Joubini's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160762.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: John John - MVP on
Joubini wrote:

> Well, in the most recent BSODs, there was no file specified, however,
> in the ones before that, a few times the file was "aegisp.sys" and once
> it was "WHW133.tmp", neither of which I can find on the computer.

Does the machine now boot normally?

aegisp.sys is associated with wireless clients and adapters. You were
saying that when your problems started that you lost your access to the
internet. Are you using a wireless connection? Did you get software
from your ISP or from your work/school for wireless access to their
network? Maybe reinstalling the adapter drivers or other software that
you got for wireless might fix things.

John
From: Joubini on

John John - MVP;4716613 Wrote:

> Does the machine now boot normally?
>
> aegisp.sys is associated with wireless clients and adapters. You were
> saying that when your problems started that you lost your access to
> the
> internet. Are you using a wireless connection? Did you get software
> from your ISP or from your work/school for wireless access to their
> network? Maybe reinstalling the adapter drivers or other software
> that
> you got for wireless might fix things.
>
> John

Yup, it boots normally now. No, it's a wired connection from our router
to this desktop. I'm not sure how to find the drivers for my internet
card or how to reinstall it (Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection)...I
don't know where to look to find a legitimate installation or update for
the driver.

From: Bob Lucas on

"Joubini" <Joubini.42s6fc(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> John John - MVP;4716613 Wrote:
>>

>> Does the machine now boot normally?
>>
>> aegisp.sys is associated with wireless clients and adapters.
>> You were
>> saying that when your problems started that you lost your
>> access to
>> the
>> internet. Are you using a wireless connection? Did you get
>> software
>> from your ISP or from your work/school for wireless access to
>> their
>> network? Maybe reinstalling the adapter drivers or other
>> software
>> that
>> you got for wireless might fix things.
>>
>> John
>
> Yup, it boots normally now. No, it's a wired connection from
> our router
> to this desktop. I'm not sure how to find the drivers for my
> internet
> card or how to reinstall it (Intel PRO/100 VE Network
> Connection)...I
> don't know where to look to find a legitimate installation or
> update for
> the driver.
>

> --
> Joubini
> Joubini's Profile:
> http://forums.techarena.in/members/160762.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1278441.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Visit the Intel website. The page at
www.intel.com/business/index.htm?iid=gg_work-in+home_business
offers options to:

a) Automatically detect and update drivers and software or

b) Browse for drivers or software.