From: John John - MVP on
Joubini wrote:
> John John - MVP;4716613 Wrote:
>>
>> Does the machine now boot normally?
>>
>> aegisp.sys is associated with wireless clients and adapters. You were
>> saying that when your problems started that you lost your access to
>> the
>> internet. Are you using a wireless connection? Did you get software
>> from your ISP or from your work/school for wireless access to their
>> network? Maybe reinstalling the adapter drivers or other software
>> that
>> you got for wireless might fix things.
>>
>> John
>
> Yup, it boots normally now. No, it's a wired connection from our router
> to this desktop. I'm not sure how to find the drivers for my internet
> card or how to reinstall it (Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection)...I
> don't know where to look to find a legitimate installation or update for
> the driver.

Event Log errors aside, (we can deal with those later), are you still
having specific problems that you can detect with the machine? Are you
able to access the internet without problems? Is there anything in
particular that you find to not be working?

John
From: Joubini on

Good point. Oh, and thanks for the link, I updated my network card.

The really really bugging issue right now is the lack of internet in
normal mode. It still works in safe mode, but it won't in normal mode.
Here's the exact situation:

In normal mode, the icon in the bottom right says that it is connected,
and when I click status, it says that it has sent packets (usually
around 100 in the first minute or so) and received packets too (around 6
in the same time). When I open IE, it just says 'connecting to
xx.xx.xx.xx' (w/e the site I entered is) and nothing happens. FF won't
open at all, and chrome just writes "connecting" at the bottom left the
whole time.
Settings for the connection are 'automatically find ip' and auto find
DNS.
In CMD, when I type ipconfig, I get:

Connection-specific DNS suffix: *blank*
autoconfiguration ip address: 192 168 1 4
subnet mask: 255 255 255 0
default gateway: 192 168 1 1

ipconfig /release works fine as well.
But when I type ipconfig /renew...nothing happens for about a minute
and then it says:

An error occured while renewing interface Local Area Connection: unable
to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.

and when I retype ipconfig, i get

Connection-specific DNS suffix: *blank*
autoconfiguration ip address: 169.254.147.253
subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
default gateway: *blank*

I don't know at all what this means, but in CMD, I can type "ping
www.google.com" or really any site at all, and it'll tell me that the
pings were successful.

note: these same errors occurred before I updated my network card, too.

--
Joubini
Joubini's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160762.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: John John - MVP on
How are you connecting to the internet, are you using a modem only or
are you going through a router?

Post the results of the ipconfig /all command.

John

From: Joubini on

I'm using a router. The internet works fine on the computer downstairs
from the router, and we have tried another router, as well as straight
hooking this computer up to the modem, but none of them achieved
internet access in normal mode.

In safe mode for ipconfig /all:

windows ip configuration
Host name : Joubin
Primary Dns Suffix : *blank*
Node Type : Unknown
IP routing enabled : No
WINS proxy enabled : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix : *blank*
Description : Intel (R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Physical Address : 00-07-E9-C9-41-41
Dhcp Enabled : Yes
Autoconfiguration enabled : Yes
IP Address : 192.168.1.4
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers : 192.168.1.1
Lease Obtained : Monday, December 07, 2009 16:57:44
Lease Expires : Tuesday, December 08, 2009 16:57:44

In normal mode it was the exact same thing, except the times under
Lease Obtained/Expires were slightly different.

Thank you for continuing to try to help me :)

From: John John - MVP on
Disable the firewall and your AV/Antispyware programs and see if things
change. If things don't change apply the LSP fix
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm and then reset the Winsock again.

John