From: Joubini on

John John - MVP;4718793 Wrote:
> Disable the firewall and your AV/Antispyware programs and see if things
> change. If things don't change apply the LSP fix
> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm and then reset the Winsock again.
>
> John

I disabled all AV programs and the firewall, but no luck. I applyed the
LSP fix, but no errors were found anywhere. I reset the Winsock anyway,
and restarted the computer, still not working... Just says 'connecting
to 74.125.67.100' in the bottom left (home page is www.google.com).

--
Joubini
Joubini's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160762.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: John John - MVP on
Joubini wrote:
> John John - MVP;4718793 Wrote:
>> Disable the firewall and your AV/Antispyware programs and see if things
>> change. If things don't change apply the LSP fix
>> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm and then reset the Winsock again.
>>
>> John
>>

> I disabled all AV programs and the firewall, but no luck. I applyed the
> LSP fix, but no errors were found anywhere. I reset the Winsock anyway,
> and restarted the computer, still not working... Just says 'connecting
> to 74.125.67.100' in the bottom left (home page is www.google.com).

If it's working in safe mode then it should work in normal mode. I'm
led to believe that one of these might be causing the problem:

1- You have disabled a necessary process in normal mode, the process
starts in Safe-Mode thereby allowing you to connect to the internet.

2- One of your security applications is preventing you from accessing
the internet. This could be an AV or other anti malware program, a
firewall or a utility from the PC manufacturer.

3- You have a virus or other pest that your AV tools cannot detect.

Are you using a third party firewall?

Did you recently uninstall AV software or a third party firewall? For
example, it is known that incomplete removal of some Symantec product or
of the Zone Alarm firewall can prevent you from accessing the internet.
To fix this you have to get removal utilities from the software vendor.

To verify and compare the services and processes running in safe mode
and in normal mode do the following:

While booted to Safe Mode run these commands at the command prompt:

net start >c:\safeserv.txt
tasklist /svc >>c:\safeserv.txt

While booted in normal boot run the same commands but change the
filename of the redirector:

net start >c:\normalserv.txt
tasklist /svc >>c:\normalserv.txt

Note the double redirector >> in the second commands.

Now open the .txt files side by side and compare the contents. What is
running in safe mode should also be running in normal mode. The extra
processes running in normal mode should be examined and eliminated as
possible sources of problems.

John