From: Mike S on
On 6/17/2010 9:48 PM, Shotgun Thom wrote:
> On Jun 17, 9:40 pm, Tony Toews<tto...(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>>> Just for grins I'm testing the exe in other Virtual PC OSs. In
>>> Windows 2000 it caused Windows Explorer and Dr Watson post mortem to
>>> crash and the OS to become unresponsive.
>>
>>> Hmmm, same in Windows XP including crashing Dr Watson.. Yikes.
>>
>> Ok, this time a new compile and it's working just fine in Virtual PC
>> Windows XP. Fully patched. So there's something "special" about my
>> system which I kinda suspected as I couldn't imagine the other 22K
>> downloads having this problem.
>>
>> <sigh>
>>
>> Tony
>
> Hi Tony:
>
> I've used this control for over a year with a few programs and never
> ran into a problem.
>
> As an interesting test here is a link to a Free program named iQ
> WordPad (a ms wordpad replacement) that uses the JC Button. I've had
> hundreds of downloads and there has never been a report of this
> problem. I personally have used this on Win XP (SP3), Vista and Win 7
> and it works fine. You can download the program at:
>
> http://www.iqprosoft.com/freedownloads.htm
>
> See if it runs okay.
>
> Tom

The downloaded program from PSC has a bad path to a graphic file,

Line 21: Property ToolboxBitmap in AquaButton had an invalid file reference.

Fixing this by pointing it to an existing bmp fixes the problem on my XP
SP3.

Mike
From: Tony Toews on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 21:48:06 -0700 (PDT), Shotgun Thom
<tmoran4511(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I've used this control for over a year with a few programs and never
>ran into a problem.
>
>As an interesting test here is a link to a Free program named iQ
>WordPad (a ms wordpad replacement) that uses the JC Button. I've had
>hundreds of downloads and there has never been a report of this
>problem. I personally have used this on Win XP (SP3), Vista and Win 7
>and it works fine. You can download the program at:
>
>http://www.iqprosoft.com/freedownloads.htm
>
>See if it runs okay.

Yup, it runs just fine on my system. Which is even more strongly
pointing to something "special" about my system. Or maybe my project
settings.

BTW at first glance looks like a very useful program!

Tony
From: Tony Toews on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 21:53:20 -0700, Mike S <mscir(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Tom
>
>The downloaded program from PSC has a bad path to a graphic file,
>
>Line 21: Property ToolboxBitmap in AquaButton had an invalid file reference.
>
>Fixing this by pointing it to an existing bmp fixes the problem on my XP
>SP3.

But I'm not seeing that message at all.'

Tony
From: Tony Toews on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:41:29 -0600, Tony Toews
<ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>Then I compiled it and it immediately crashes an dbrings up the VS2006
>debugger. So I downloaded a fresh copy and compiled just the sample
>code. And it crashes immediately as well. And the clean sample code
>works well in the IDE.

Folks

Please download the JCButton Zip file from
http://autofeupdater.com/jcbutton.htm and try compiling the project on
your own system and see if both forms are displayed and the second
form works. Also please try the compile by Tony Toews.exe on your
system and see if it works. Please post here or email me with the
results at tony at autofeupdater dot com. If both exes work on your
system then I know it's something "special" about my system.

Thanks, Tony

From: Norm on
Tony Toews was thinking very hard :
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:41:29 -0600, Tony Toews
> <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:
>
>> Then I compiled it and it immediately crashes an dbrings up the VS2006
>> debugger. So I downloaded a fresh copy and compiled just the sample
>> code. And it crashes immediately as well. And the clean sample code
>> works well in the IDE.
>
> Folks
>
> Please download the JCButton Zip file from
> http://autofeupdater.com/jcbutton.htm and try compiling the project on
> your own system and see if both forms are displayed and the second
> form works. Also please try the compile by Tony Toews.exe on your
> system and see if it works. Please post here or email me with the
> results at tony at autofeupdater dot com. If both exes work on your
> system then I know it's something "special" about my system.
>
> Thanks, Tony

Tony,

The IDE version, my compiled version and your compiled version all
worked on my system. Win7 64 Bit, 12 gig memory i7 cpu.

Norm