From: Tony Toews on
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:52:13 -0700, Norm <NormF4(a)Spoof.com> wrote:

>The IDE version, my compiled version and your compiled version all
>worked on my system. Win7 64 Bit, 12 gig memory i7 cpu.

Thanks. Confirms my system is "special" and that it's not VB6 but
something in the OS. And yet why did
http://www.iqprosoft.com/freedownloads.htm work fine on my system
then? Now I'm getting more confused.

Are the exes identical? If not can you email me your compiled exe?
Not that I know how to figure out why VB6 would've created a different
file.

BTW I did do a reboot in there just in case somethnig really wierd was
going one.

Tony
From: Shotgun Thom on
On Jun 19, 7:01 pm, Tony Toews <tto...(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:41:29 -0600, Tony Toews
>
> <tto...(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:
> >Then I compiled it and it immediately crashes an dbrings up the VS2006
> >debugger.  So I downloaded a fresh copy and compiled just the sample
> >code.  And it crashes immediately as well.   And the clean sample code
> >works well in the IDE.
>
> Folks
>
> Please download the JCButton Zip file fromhttp://autofeupdater.com/jcbutton.htmand try compiling the project on
> your own system and see if both forms are displayed and the second
> form works.  Also please try the compile by Tony Toews.exe on your
> system and see if it works.  Please post here or email me with the
> results at tony at autofeupdater dot com.   If both exes work on your
> system then I know it's something "special" about my system.
>
> Thanks, Tony

Works fine, both IDE and compiled, on XP SP3.

Tom
From: Shotgun Thom on
On Jun 19, 11:06 pm, Shotgun Thom <tmoran4...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 19, 7:01 pm, Tony Toews <tto...(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:41:29 -0600, Tony Toews
>
> > <tto...(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:
> > >Then I compiled it and it immediately crashes an dbrings up the VS2006
> > >debugger.  So I downloaded a fresh copy and compiled just the sample
> > >code.  And it crashes immediately as well.   And the clean sample code
> > >works well in the IDE.
>
> > Folks
>
> > Please download the JCButton Zip file fromhttp://autofeupdater.com/jcbutton.htmandtry compiling the project on
> > your own system and see if both forms are displayed and the second
> > form works.  Also please try the compile by Tony Toews.exe on your
> > system and see if it works.  Please post here or email me with the
> > results at tony at autofeupdater dot com.   If both exes work on your
> > system then I know it's something "special" about my system.
>
> > Thanks, Tony
>
> Works fine, both IDE and compiled, on XP SP3.
>
> Tom- Hide quoted text -

Just zipped up compiled and sending to you via email. Looks to be
exact same size as your test exe.

Tom
From: Tony Toews on
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:06:09 -0700 (PDT), Shotgun Thom
<tmoran4511(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Works fine, both IDE and compiled, on XP SP3.

And your compiled exe pukes and dies on my system. So my OS is
somehow "special".

Thanks, Tony
From: Tony Toews on
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:16:02 -0700 (PDT), Shotgun Thom
<tmoran4511(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Just zipped up compiled and sending to you via email. Looks to be
>exact same size as your test exe.

Yuppers. <sigh>

So just what (#$@ @#$#) makes my system so special? Oh well.

Tony