First  |  Prev |
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Unattended Windows XP error ASMS not found
I have been running unattended Windows XP installations for years, and they have been running fine. Recently I made a change to the process that resulted in an interesting error. I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad T60 that has has very little memory available for DOS. When loading the Intel network card, I was getti... 13 Apr 2006 12:02
Setup cannot copy the file driver.cab during xp installation!?!?!?
Ok I fixed my problem where I couldn't see anythin on my monitor(happened to be a bad ram stick I bought the other day) During installation of XP SP1 it gets to 28% of installation, formatting already done, and then freezes when trying to copy driver.cab. I can retry or skip. I have skipped and about 5 other f... 20 Feb 2006 11:00
Incorrect Product Key following Sysprep
We've been using Sysprep forever to prepare our PCs before Ghosting. Once the image is downloaded we enter the COA Product Key on the side of the Dell PC. For the past several weeks/months we've been exepriencing problems since we upgraded to XP SP2. The two problems we're suffering from: 1) After entering th... 18 Feb 2006 14:18
Windows XP will not boot
XP will not boot after installing service pack 2. Here is the transcript from the dell help desk. Don't want to pay dell $50 to fix the problem...anyone have any solutions? {jabbar_jung 11:43:40 AM} Thank you for contacting Dell Hardware Warranty Chat Support. My name is Jabbar. May I have the Complete Name and T... 14 Sep 2005 22:26
DMIO.sys corrupt during XP setup
I am trying to install XP Pro with the setup disks and CD onto a formatted drive. I keep getting a message stating 'dmio.sys corrupt' when loading disk 4 of the 6 disk set. Now what? -- fzygmunt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fzygmunt's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/me... 1 Sep 2005 10:45
E:/I386/asms. Error message
I have Windows XP Home edition installed on a computer and I have Windows 2002 XP Pro Upgrade w/Service Pack 2 CD. I have been trying to install it and during the installation I get the following message: Installation Failed: E:/I386/asms. Error message: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device... 15 Sep 2005 17:02
BSOD after XP repair
Having some trouble with display drivers and other things on an XP Pro PC with a A7V266-E motherboard without the Promise RAID controller, I decided to try a Windows repair. This was an OEM installed XP (no CD) so I used a retail CD "belonging" to another installation. Everything seemed to go well, and after finishing... 29 Aug 2005 19:04
How to make a single image boot on different laptops without crashing?
I need to create one single master image of Windows XP SP-2 (using Ghost 8) that would cover these laptop models: IBM Thinkpad T22, T23, T30, T40, T41, and T42. The problem is, there is no way I have found to create an XP install that will work on all the machines. These machines range from a Pentium 3 (the ... 7 May 2005 11:33
Boot bombs at AGPCPQ.SYS following Ghost
Hey all, I just ghosted an older 10GB hard drive to a larger 40GB drive in order to facilitate a move to a more robust system. Now when the drive is installed to the new machine (new motherboard, etc) the system hangs at boot. Booting to Safe Mode shows that AGPCPQ.SYS is the driver where the problem occurs.... 7 May 2005 11:33
Getting lsass.exe application error at boot
when I boot I am not able to log in. "This application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000033). Click on OK to terminate the application." When I click OK or "X", nothing happens. The mouse will move but the Desktop never shows up. I have to upplug the PC to turn it off. Do different in Safe Mode. T... 2 Mar 2005 19:01