First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
drivers missing?!?!?!?
i have a computer for 2 years and today after i install a program i got a message which was saying that my cd\dvd drivers are missing!??!?!the problem is that the computer can't dedect them so it can't read cd\dvds and every 5 minutes i got a message about this problem and then i must restart the pc or it is being ... 1 Nov 2006 14:40
Sysprep on XP Sp2 and default user profile
I had problems getting sysprep and the default user profile working yesterday and thought id note down the few gotchas for others who may be new to sysprep like me. Process:- Setup your fresh install, patches, software, etc Log in as Administrator & change this profile as req'd as this is the profile sysprep no... 29 Oct 2006 06:00
intel d945gtp+sysprep+etc
Right, Hey people. Little help with sysprep... I could be doing something wrong, and have tried so many ways. But, it seems that the sound device isn't getting detected, and doesnt show up in the device manager. I have two SysprepMassStorage pci' listings for this type of motherboard. pci\ven_8086&dev_27... 1 Nov 2006 05:02
Repair Menu on Setup Disk
I, too, received the \windows\system32\config\system message. I came here for answers. So far so good. "Big Evil" listed a great website that helped me get where I need to be but now I'm stuck. At the screen that should say to repair my xp system, instead there are several options pertaining to installing or de... 25 Oct 2006 17:38
MS PROF 2003 - Installation error: file not found sku0111.cab
I have a brand new dell gx620. I receive the above msg. when attempting to do a disk cleanup. Msg, says oringal installaion source required, however this was factory installed. Resource cd with sp2 does not have the file. Dell is clueless! ... 25 Oct 2006 18:41
Personalized settings window at login
Everytime someone logs into one of our MANY lab PC's, they get a personalized settings window for IE6 I assume, and it takes 30 seconds or so for it to complete. Is there anyway to prevent this window from coming up for every new user on a machine? I know it isn't our lab image because it happens on F/S machi... 25 Oct 2006 10:48
Turning off firewall in WinPE 2005
I have made a bootable WinPE CD image which includes network drivers for my NIC I have turned on verbose logging (loglevel=2 in winbom.ini), and also disabled the firewall (WinPEFirewall=Off in the [WinPE.Net] section in winbom.ini), and get the following in the winbom.log file: Starting Factory state "WinPE Fir... 23 Oct 2006 11:36
Intel 82801 SATA/RAID Controller Can't install XP
I've tried various methods, Slipstream, Ghost, USB floppy, nothing works. Latest attempt: Slipstream using this as a guide http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/36/ The computer starts the install process, it even formats the hard drive, & goes thru the file copy process, then on the reboot, it co... 16 Oct 2006 22:19
sysprep.inf - multiple network adapters - settings
I have Dell Optiplex GX280s with 4 network cards in them (for lab use). I want to make sure the motherboard NIC which is a Broadcom card gets set with a WINS address. I'm trying to use the sysprep.inf below and I have tried various configurations of it yet nothing seems to work. This same file worked fine to... 3 Oct 2006 17:57
Adding Drivers to a Windows XP Installation
I have been trying to install Windows XP on my Toshiba Portege M200 Tablet, the tablet does not have a built in CDROM Drive, and instead uses external solutions, one of which is the Targus Noteworthy NWDVD04 CD/DVD ROM Drive. This drive connect to the pc via a PCMCIA cable. I have tried to install the Microsoft ... 4 Oct 2006 22:37