First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Virus infection on a T60 ==> how best to reinstall WindowsXP?Can I safely still use the special Windows installation partition?
ship wrote: Hi My T60 (WindowsXP Pro) has been infected with several viruses. Is it safe to re-install from the Windows XP partition? Or should I kill absolutely everything on the disk (eg. by running KillDisk off a CD)? And if I do the latter, how on earth to I register it wit... 19 Jan 2010 22:34
Virus infection on a T60 ==> how best to reinstall WindowsXP? Can I safely still use the special Windows installation partition?
P.S. For clarification my computer is a T60 laptop from Lenovo. (about 3 years old) With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe ... 21 Jan 2010 22:34
Virus infection on a T60 ==> how best to reinstall WindowsXP? Can I safely still use the special Windows installation partition?
Hi My T60 (WindowsXP Pro) has been infected with several viruses. Is it safe to re-install from the WindowsXP partition? Or should I kill absolutely everything on the disk (eg. by running KillDisk off a CD)? And if I do the latter, how on earth to I register it with Microsoft because the laptop did n... 20 Jan 2010 10:40
RIS Built Machine fails to join Domain & Change Name
I have the same problem. Does anyone care to help? "DanielBlackmore" wrote: Hi I am having a bit of trouble with our RIS built machines. Everything is working fine except joining the domain part. It hangs for 20+ minutes and then fails to join. after clicking Yes (to manually enter it later ... 19 Jan 2010 18:06
Cancel Windows XP Repair
I have an office with a bunch of OEM XP (Pro) installations, but I also have some computers that are on Open Licensing. Anyway, this week one of the computers started to have problems. The system log told me it was a hard drive issue, i.e. "hard drive 1 has a bad block". So I ran a chkdsk /f and rebooted - a... 18 Jan 2010 09:46
How to downgrade Vista to XP
Hi Everyone, Here's what we have been doing to deploy XP Prof. PC's. Setup a new PC with all the required apps and settings, sysprep it and take the image using ghost. The image would be copied to all new PC's and during the Mini Setup you would be prompted for the XP license key. I would have purchased OE... 17 Jan 2010 17:19
making my e-mail work...
How do I figure out my incoming e-mail server type (pop3, http, or imap), my incoming mail server (pop3 or imap) and my outgoing e-mail server (stmp) name for the e-mail cam54901(a)yahoo.com and if that one is not compatible then for the e-mail larson0389(a)fvtc.edu? I have been to both sites and cannot find this i... 17 Jan 2010 01:56
Transfer Install to Volume License
We are Government Volume License. When A user got a new laptop pre-loaded with windows XP Pro, they went ahead installed a bunch of applications, and has merrily been using the unit . I want to Transfer the unit to our Volume License for various reasons, mainly for backup, imaging.... How best can I proce... 18 Jan 2010 15:26
Bootable CD's (WinPE) can't see my HDD's
A couple of months ago I had 2 different WinXP computers develop serious lag problems at the same time. Hitting the Win-E key combo to get a Windows Explorer window started taking 10 to 40 secs to complete. The taskbar would stay locked up the entire time. The 2 computers share HP printer software, McAfee, an... 12 Jan 2010 08:16
XP MALWARE
I GOT A MALWARE AND I CAN'T USE MY COMPUTER I TRY USING SAFEMODE AND I GET THE SAME ERROR . I NEED TO SEE IF I CAN SAFE MY FILES BEFORE I RESTORE IT. ANY SUGGESTIONS. ALSO I DON'T HAVE A RESTORE CD. WHERE CAN I GET ONE I TRY F11 TO SEE IF MY COMPUTER HAD ONE BUT NO LUCK. I TOOK IT TO BEST BUY , BUT IT WAS T... 11 Jan 2010 09:46