First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
How to disable Internet Explorer updates?
I installed an old XP cd on my laptop from scratch and applied all sp's and patches. Everything worked well. But the "Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP" (71727) update causes a blue screen when I run the wizard (either during or just after checking for malware). So I installed another browser instead and remo... 7 Mar 2010 09:37
Please Ignore
-- Database Architect / Developer ... 5 Mar 2010 17:23
WDS
Alright, here's the situation: I'm using WDS with Server 2003 R2 to deploy XP using WIM images. The deployment process is flawless. However, after the install, when the machine first boots into Windows XP, I want it to auto login once into the local admin account and run a script. I'm using Windows 7 PE (Wi... 8 Mar 2010 15:18
free volume licence
looking for free volume licence Bryan wrote: Volume license - installing XP at home 12-Mar-07 I recently got a limited license for 5 installs of XP Pro for my non-profit. These computers will be used for adult students. I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was OK to also install one or two "co... 4 Mar 2010 14:41
TAPI with phone dialer
As microsoft has stated that Microsoft h.323 Telephony Service Provider in Advanced tab of Phone And Modem Options is for specifying a network Gateway address that applications are able to use it,so can i use Phone Dialer in windows to call a telephone that i specified in this interface through Gateway ? Also c... 27 Feb 2010 03:27
WinXP will not install
My apologizies for sending a blank post. Now I know why I didn't get a response. a....duuhhhh!!! O.K. Now, I have XP Pro that was previously installed on my computer (Dell Dem. 4300). I had problems reinstalling it and once I did, it didn't go will. Fatal errormessage: ONE OF THE COMPONENTS THAT WINDOWS ... 26 Feb 2010 17:36
Bad XP Install Disk ????
I have been running XP Home Edition since 2002 without major problems until recently, when the computer went into an endless cycle of crash, reboot, scandisk, discard some file fragments, crash .... First, I tried repair; then, over-writing Windows; next, reformatting; and finally, repartitioning. At one poin... 27 Feb 2010 18:49
UAA HD Devices in WinXP SP3
It would be nice to get some credit here, since I posted this solution over three months earlier.... http://www.boredsysadmin.com/2008/03/windows-xp-sp3-and-microsoft-hd-audio.html "Erik Chapple" wrote: UAA HD AUDIO DEVICE SUPPORT IN WINDOWS XP SP3 This is another MS nasty for all the deployment folks ... 23 Feb 2010 10:11
Windows will not install...........mad as $@#*
2nd post (new information) Problems, problem, and dilemmas and so forth.................PLEASE HELP! I'm running XP and I had SP3 before I attempted to do a repair of Windows. During install it asked for the 'ASMS ON WIN PRO SERVICE SP3' NEEDED. It ask to (type the path to where the file is located). I h... 5 Mar 2010 12:50
Error Installing Windows XP:
I am trying to reinstall Windows XP Home on my computer. When insert my windowns xp cd and restart I get to the 3rd step on the link below and cannot continue. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/install.mspx Basically, right when I start it says hit Enter to continue for whatever reason... 21 Feb 2010 21:39