First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
SP3 Deployment in diff languages other than ENU
Trying to deploy XP SP3 to pc's that are having languages other than ENU I have created an ENU package that works great , but wanted to know, what do I need to deploy/install/update the pc, with sp3 if it has a non-english language installed Is there anything that I can modify/add to the english package to instal... 25 Jan 2010 12:50
Problem w drivers when reinstall XP Pro SP2 w SATA for Dell Vostro
Hi all: My wife has a 3-year old Vostro 1500 running Xp Pro, Sp3, and it was somewhat messed up (wouldn't accept Windows updates, the Firewall stopped working, and couldn't be turned on even with administrative tools, stopped being accessible on the network, etc.). So, I backed up everything 3 times, includ... 2 Feb 2010 17:45
help please [ standby mode]
i have a lap top with windows exp i wanted to sign out user and hite standby insted sceen is black now and computer does not respond how do i solve this ... 24 Jan 2010 10:09
W7 - Windows Easy Transfer question
Finished install of W7 Pro 64 bit. Question is I backed up settings/docs, etc with XP to W7 version of WET. I'm not reinstalling some of the programs I had on XP Pro however...when I run WET in W7 Pro...will it just ignor data/docs/files, etc that it saved from XP when installing/updating them on W7. Als, ... 24 Jan 2010 11:20
QUESTION: Multi Boot??
Hi... I set up an PC today... first drive on cable is 80gb; second is 40gb. I created a multi-boot system by installing WinXP Pro on the 80; then same process on the 40... each works fine... however: Installing the Dell drivers on the 80 went as expected but installing on the 40... came up with "folder alr... 24 Jan 2010 05:43
Working around Task Scheduler / Sysprep bug?
Hi Dale, I found your post while searching for the same thing. This is what I have done, and it appears to work fine on sysprepped images: I went ahead and created the tasks on the machine I created the image on (in my case, I'm automating weekly and monthly defrags). Now, see this link regarding the usage of ... 23 Jan 2010 09:51
Vista Business to XP PRO with WDS dell 1300 sources not available.
Hi, I work for a school district and I have been using wds to deploy images to hp530's, dell gx240's, dell 610's and dell 1520 laptops. Ive come into a problem trying to get back to xp pro from vista business. I have a cart of 25 dell inspiron 1300 laptops that currently have a working vista business install ... 21 Jan 2010 01:19
Virus infection on a T60 ==> how best to reinstall WindowsXP? Can I safely still use the special Windows installation partition?
Elmo wrote: ship wrote: Well I spoke to Lenovo and they want to sting me for GBP 40.00 for an installation disk. I refuse point blank to do this partly as a matter of principle and partly because it will proably take a while for the CD to arrive by post. I have dug out the number from Con... 21 Jan 2010 00:13
On 01/20/2010 05:49 AM, ship wrote: On Jan 20, 6:58 am, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...(a)gmail.com> wrote: HOW TO do a clean install of WinXP: Seehttp://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html#stepsand/or Method 1 inhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/978307 After the clean install, you'll have the equivalen... 21 Jan 2010 15:47
Virus infection on a T60 ==> how best to reinstall WindowsXP?Can I safely still use the special Windows installation partition?
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:12:47 -0800 (PST) Jose <jose_ease(a)yahoo.com> articulated: On Jan 19, 6:16 pm, ship <ship...(a)gmail.com> wrote: Hi My T60 (WindowsXP Pro)  has been infected with several viruses. Is it safe to re-install from the WindowsXP partition? Or should I kill absolut... 20 Jan 2010 08:25