First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
using bootcfg
Under my previous post I was asking how to install xp over xp. The installer failed to find the previous installation. I've now been trying to use bootcfg in the recovery console (from the xp installation cd). I keep getting "error: failed to add the selected boot entry to the boot list". Under "enter os lo... 20 Apr 2010 05:11
installing xp on top of xp
I recently moved one of our hard drives with xp installed on it from one of our computers to another. Is there a way to either repair the installation so it will run on the new computer, or to install xp on top of the old installation so that it keeps all of the old programs? I used to be able to do this with ... 21 Apr 2010 20:53
Clean xp Wim
Hi, I am trying to deploy xp via system centre to multiple different types of hardware. I want a Wim of xp thats clean and does not have any drivers in that will cause BSOD's. I have tried removing drivers from an image i have taken from a reference machine without much luck. Any ideas on the best method of... 21 Apr 2010 02:14
XP Setup - Screen turns black after downloading files and Restart
Hello, After re-building my computer with a new MSI motherboard (with AMD Athlon II X2 and 2GB DDR3 1066 RAM) and a new 500GB hard disk and using only the on-board graphics I can not finish the Windows XP installation. You can see HERE (http://sites.google.com/site/jugracamsi/) some screenshots which I to... 20 Apr 2010 09:18
OEM key on same PC help
my Acer Aspire One completely screwed up and i had to do a clean install will i be able to use the Windows XP Home key with the clean install or do i have to buy a new key? ... 14 Apr 2010 08:47
Drive letter for add-on disk
Greetings ! I have an add-on USB hard drive. This always came up as Drive F:, but now it comes up as Drive G: ! How can I set things up so that it ALWAYS comes up as Drive F: - the way it used to be ? Regards Robin ... 7 Apr 2010 19:11
User Accounts
In xp I have a user account created during setup called 'abc' which is part of the admin group. I also have the default administrator account. I want to delete the 'abc' account but I'm hesitant because I feel that I woont be able to logon then withthe administrator account. Reason is because when I go to switch... 5 Apr 2010 21:44
Windows XP Product Keys
I have two questions related to the same problem. I don't know if I should post two seperate questions or just put them both in the same request. I chose the latter. I did not think I'd have a need to put XP back on a computer, but, things happen. In any event, I have been a MAPS subscriber for a number of yea... 25 Apr 2010 00:55
Using an OEM XP disk from one computer on another
Hi! I have been given a DELL Inspiron E1505 laptop computer to try to repair for someone. The manual for the computer says that no Windows reinstalation disks are necessary or provided as I must use Windows System Restore or a utility that restores the hard drive to the original factory state. In attempting to ... 2 Apr 2010 09:18
"This copy of Windows must be activated" NIGHTMARE!
Hi -- I've been going around in circles for going on five hours with this, and I need to get this machine back up. I replaced the hard drive on a Windows XP Pro SP3 computer. The hard drive was cloned with Symantec Ghost, and the new drive was installed in place of the old one. When the PC rebooted and I... 28 Mar 2010 11:17
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13