First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
file sharing and safety
We've got 3 computers on a dsl hub and I've been transferring files between them using file sharing. I've seen warnings about people on the internet being able to see the files and have been careful about which files are shared. Are all the files that are viewable from other computers - (on our hub or beyon... 16 Dec 2009 11:16
SET UP FAILURE
Tried to reinstall windows xp from disk....set up failed with the error: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer The problem seems to be caused by the following file: usrserft.sys Computer restarts and I get a blue screen stating that "the set up is restart... 8 Dec 2009 19:47
I need advice on how best to setup laptops for on\off network use.
The default setup does not handle this situation well, and I don't think Windows 7 is any better in this respect. Having inaccessible mappings will cause programs to hang for long periods when file..open dialogs are activated. Using MyLogon (http://mylogon.net) instead of a batchfile will solve this problem, p... 8 Dec 2009 02:10
Windowns XP
I have purchased a nearly new laptop and on every occasion I use 'C:\\Documents and Settings' the words 'Chris Brown.NUMBER THREE\' appears. This is obviously the name of the previous installer and as for the NUMBER THREE\ I have no idea what that is all about. I would appreciate assistance in changing these d... 8 Dec 2009 10:50
New motherboard in but in a BIOS loop
I put in my new board from an earlier post. I have the BIOS set to boot order as noted by http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm#RI. CD, HD, floppy. I have the HD as master and CD as slave on my IDE cable. My HD is jumped as master and CD as slave. It boots like this: 1. BIOS Screen. Master and ... 11 Dec 2009 14:44
"Lock" XP Startup
Good Day, Is there anyway to "lock" the startup in XP? I noted that virus put programs in there and if I could lock it...... THANKS! Gene:) ... 5 Dec 2009 01:05
Drivers
I installed a new hard drive on a friends Dell desktop after his crashed. After installing XP I had a tough time finding drivers for all the hardware. Dell's website had a tons of drivers for his build number and it took forever to find the ones that worked. I'm thinking I should backup my drivers and while I ... 4 Dec 2009 17:25
Missing domain line
I have a strange issue and I can't understand what happened. I have about 3 machines on my domain that suddenly are missing the domain line when you hit ctrl-alt-del. Usually you'll see 3 lines user name, password, domain but for whatever reason these 3 machines are only showing user name and password. In or... 3 Dec 2009 12:37
I need advice on how best to setup laptops for on\off network use...
For whatever reason I've never nailed down a GOOD stratigy for dealing with laptops that are on and off the network... Part 1: The Offline Files utility in XP seems to have various issues that I can't find any resolution for. Mainly that laptops disconnect from the network for no apparent reason. I've trie... 2 Dec 2009 15:34
XP 64-bit not recognizing USB devices
I did a clean install of XP 64-bit on a Dell 9150 which is a 2.8 GHz Pentium-D based machine. The machine has 5 rear and 2 front panel USB ports. When I plug in a USB device (flash drive, USB-CD) on the running machine nothing happens in terms of recognizing the device. If I boot the machine with the device ... 3 Dec 2009 14:53