First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
MSDTC installation error
When I go to "Add/remove Windows Components" appears the following message error when "Completing configuratin of Distributed Transaction Cooedinator". What can I do to solve this? "Sub-component Distributed Transaction Coordinator raised an exception while processing the OC_COMPLETE_INSTALLATION setup message.... 29 Apr 2008 12:47
WDS and Dell OEM Partition
Hello, After reading a few other threads on the Dell OEM partition and the hal.dll error, I was wondering what I could do to image out of the box machines. My scenario... Received 98 Dell Latitude D530 laptops that need to get imaged ASAP. Loaded one with a base image from scratch and editied the boot.ini... 9 Apr 2008 01:18
Re-installing XP Home OEM - product key problem
I tried to re-install XP Home on someone's PC, but it came up with an invalid product key message during installation. I used a XP Home Retail CD (borrowed from someone else) and typed in the product key from the label on PC that I was re-installing. He has XP Home OEM but wasn't supplied with an XP Home OEM ... 16 Apr 2008 12:23
NET USER parameters
"Dave R." wrote: "Jim" <j.n(a)nospam.com> wrote in message news:7v7oj.5269$so6.4243(a)newssvr19.news.prodigy.net... "wheels" <wheels(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86659934-B56E-4D31-8CF1-4321E371156F(a)microsoft.com... I have a script that uses 'NET USER' to alter user par... 25 Mar 2008 08:40
Upgrading to XP w/SP2 from 98SE, via boot of CD
I am trying to upgrade to XP w/SP2 from 98SE, via boot of CD. The XP Setup doesn't recognize a previous Windows OS on my comp, so it asked me to insert a CD of it. I did, that of my 98SE Install CD. It recognized it, then asked me to say yes to the usual agreement stuff, then searched for and found partitions........ 19 Mar 2008 21:46
Sysprep "Your grace period limit has been reached..."
Hi Everyone, I've come up against this error when doing a sysprep "Your grace period limit has been reached and will not be reset." I'm a bit confused and looking for some advice. I trashed the hideous Dell build by installing from fresh with the XP CD. Installed my apps, joined the domain, sorted the prof... 9 Dec 2007 23:17
Using Windows AIK to deploy XP image
I wish to capture and deploy an XP image using Windows AIK. Is this supported? The destination machines are out of the box OEM pre-installed with Vista. Is it advisable I format the system partition before reinstalling? Can I use WinPE 2.0 to deploy the XP image? Thank you for your help. MT ... 16 Nov 2007 12:49
QUESTION: Multiple Hard Drives to Boot To??
Hi... First, I hope this is the right group for my question... then, I hope my question isn't too stupid. I 'm limited to a single PC for a fair-sized project I've been asked to develop and test. I want to set up a "development" hard drive with XP (first drive) and then a "client" hard drive (second) to in... 10 Nov 2007 08:05
BDD 2007 and WDS
Hi I am trying out BDD 2007 and WDS for the first time. I am using it on a Server 2003 R2 SP2. Currently I am able to boot up with PXE and start an unattended installation of Windows XP SP2. When the core XP installation is done it starts a script that tries to connect to the BDD/WDS server but it fails due... 13 Nov 2007 17:00
format hard drive
Hi people i am trying to format the hard drive and to installal micorsoft xp proffession i put the cd in and boot it with the cd before it gives me the option to format i get a blue screen with the following error stop c0000221 unknown hard error \systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll could anyone hel please re... 10 Nov 2007 08:04