First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Kernel parameters list?
Anybody know of a list of kernel boot parameters? I'm not talking kernel programmer level stuff, just "interesting\useful things you could do with your boot options" things. ie: How to disable ntfs drivers, how to disable raid probing, etc. -- *=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/ *=( For all your UK new... 2 Aug 2010 10:18
What's wrong with this ?!
Other one-line scripts do their jobs. Why not this one ? [root(a)localhost eas]# ib ; pwd /home/eas [root(a)localhost eas]# whereis ib ib: /usr/local/bin/ib [root(a)localhost eas]# cat /usr/local/bin/ib cd /mnt/p11 [root(a)localhost eas]# pwd /home/eas [root(a)localhost eas]# cd /mnt/p11 [root(a)localhost p11]# pwd ... 3 Aug 2010 00:35
Intel i7 CPU kernel Option
Hi guys, I got me a new i7 CPU-based laptop. I got me the latest Kernel from www.kernelhq.com and I am trying to configure the kernel. Unfortunately, I cannot see an obvious choice for i7 CPUs in the kernel config menus apart from MCORE2. The option I see as of kernel 2.6.34 are: --Opteron... (i.e. AMD CPUs) ... 3 Aug 2010 07:02
Does Slack-13.1 come with GPT GUID Partition Table tools?
Hallo, Grant, Du meintest am 31.07.10: Smartctl is fine, short and long (4 hours) test show the disk is fine, but it's suffered a reallocated sector and I'd like to wipe it, start over. Samsung? "smartctl" reports sometimes such a failure especially for Samsung disks - seems to be a false error. ... 31 Jul 2010 02:09
100% free dell laptaps offerd by dell and Vodafone companies.
great offer….free dell laptops …no need money, no need shipping charges…absolutely free… i have hidden the full details in an ” BIG IMAGE” at the”Top Of My Blog.” click that ” big image” and get dell laptap 100% free… my blog is http://humanresearch.tk/ ... 31 Jul 2010 02:09
KDE startting directory
if there is a directory called "Documents" in ~/, then when KDE starts, its working directory is ~/Documents instead of ~/. Anyone know how to make it start in ~/ ? Thanks. ... 30 Jul 2010 11:51
Best site to get 13.1 DVD?
If you have a huge bandwidth (100mbps ?), the fastest way to get slackware is to get it with torrents... Mirrors are also torrents' seeds ! root wrote: I want to download the 13.1 DVD. Half a dozen sites in the US have stopped sending when I get 2Gb or so. The rest of the sites don't show the iso ima... 3 Aug 2010 11:24
Qt 4.6
As usual the developers of packages like Scribus have jumped ahead to the latest, in this case Qt 4.6. I find a slackbuild for the documentation but not for Qt 4.6 itself. Is it available or scheduled to be available on any version of Slack anytime soon? John Culleton ... 28 Jul 2010 18:27
New Slackware book
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:27:59 -0400, Michael Black wrote: Early on, I bought a clearance copy of "Linux System Administration Unleashed". thinking it would be useful since it dealt with multiple distributions, but it's awful *All* the "Unleashed" books are poor, IMO. Sorry I cannot contribute anythin... 28 Jul 2010 11:50
libdvdread: Can't seek to block .......
Using vobcopy. things work ok most of the time, but on one or two disks I hit a libdvdread: Can't seek to block ....... problem that leaves a scrolling column of this error, painfully chugging through an ever rising number sequence of what it can't seek to. Its the same point if the exercise is repeated wit... 27 Jul 2010 08:23
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12