First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
scripted custom installs
Responding to Grant: [...] I've not yet found the patience to build my own custom install whatsits, the list of files that go in without asking? I'm working on one ATM. Step-1 Rip out all the stuff I don't want (from a list) Step-2 Installpkg everything in a "install these" dir Step-3 Copy in a c... 21 Jul 2010 05:53
Recovering edited files after crashes
Elvis, he default VI-like editor shipped with Slackware, saves data under /var/tmp as elvis1.ses, elvis2.ses and so on. If the system happens to be brought down in the middle of an editing session, the session can be retrieved by doing elvis -r and the editor will load the data in /var/tmp/elvis1.ses. It ... 19 Jul 2010 14:38
Crash Recovery
I've endured a couple of fairly hard crashes recently (power outage, failed UPS), am trying to recover, but am wondering if things are beyond recovery this time. I'm able to boot up, and my commonly used apps seem to run, but I notice the output of "top" and "ps" no longer show CPU percentage for specific tasks (e... 23 Jul 2010 08:03
httpd rewrite or redirect to subdomain
How to achieve http://(www.)domain.com.br/vi/{N}.htm redirect or rewrite to http://web.montao.com.br/vi/{N}.htm ? I try for very long time and not right effect ... 27 Jul 2010 06:13
FU2 Sound editing software request
Got MHwaveedit and Audacity installed. Playtime now. Cheers guys! :) -- *=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/ *=( For all your UK news needs. ... 17 Jul 2010 19:32
How do I mount a cifs file system?
In order to set up file sharing for the Asus Oplay media player I followed instructions to create a shared directory. I followed these steps which I found via google search: groupadd smbguest useradd -g smbguest -d/dev/null -s /bin/false smbguest Then I created the file /etc/samba/smb.conf: [global] gue... 17 Jul 2010 19:32
Graphic audio editor - Recommendations?
Slack 12.2 Need an audio editor with some kind of graphic interface. Nothing too fancy required as just basic stuff like cutting\pasting plus section volume adjustments etc. to be carried out with it. Anybody got a favorite for Slackware? -- *=( http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/ *=( For all your UK news ... 17 Jul 2010 02:19
How can i disable nepomuk system globally?
During the process of evaluating Slackware 13.1 I found that my home partition on the NFS server had been filled up. It turned out that it was my home directory that had grown in size, nepomuk had created about 650 MB in my home directory. Today when 2 TB disks are being sold 650 MB might not sound much to you, ... 24 Jul 2010 16:40
Slackware 13.1 Install Error
I am trying to install Slackware 13.1 in an older computer with a Centaur VIA 800mHz chip and containing a 40gig HD, a 3.5" floppy, CD drive, and 640 meg RAM. When booting using the install CD, I must use huge.s rather than the hugesmp.s image as a note tells me the latter will not work. I've divided the HD into... 16 Jul 2010 20:56
Knode double-posting (was Re: OT: Newbie question: Current directory in path?)
On July 16, 2010 01:00, in alt.os.linux.slackware, syl(a)alcor.concordia.ca wrote: Lew Pitcher wrote: In this case, Knode hung while sending the message. I killed it, restarted Knode, and resent the message properly. Apparently, Knode's first attempt was successful. It just didn't return fas... 17 Jul 2010 06:35