From: the-o/-/annabee on
randyhyde(a)earthlink.net wrote

"I notice you finally learned a thing or to and don't have any
response. :-)
Cheers,
Randy Hyde"

About structs? René wrote the best programming environment in the
world, I know of, without them.

When I compare the user experience of HLA to RosAsm, it is for sure, no
obvious reason to belive you over him. Before I learned to program in
asm with RosAsm, I had actually only a vage understanding of
structures. Once seen their true nature, and understood the job they
really do, and beeing able to replace them using equates, I feel
empowered (in my understanding). Your structures are, if not the worst
things, a tool for alienation of people.

From: the-o/-/annabee on
About converting AoA to RosAsm syntax.

When we have clipped the self selling propaganda, and the chapters on
how to get HLA to work at all, plus the numerous other bullshits, the
essentials would amount into the &NULLs.

The most interessting chapter in AoA is imo the one on the CPU history.
When people leave AoA is at the first mention of HLA. :) Sorry Randall
if it hurts you, but I belive thats the truth. I belive that AoA could
actually become every aspiring asmer bible, if you took HLA out of the
equation, and explained the various topics without the bias of HLA. The
HLA syntax is screaming at one on the pages. Its screaming : "I am
really a newbie asmer" and "Leave before you get demented too".

Certainly, there could be valuable infos there, like for instance maybe
the explaination of how to use the FPU, and or infoes on the inner
workings of it, and a complete explaination of real numbers, for the
significant few cases where it will make a diffrence to have every fact
visible. I wouldn't know, because the mere mention of HLA disables
fully my reading faculty, and this is no joke. Something happens in my
brain, and it refuses to work until at least several minutes after
closing the PDF.

From: the-o/-/annabee on
//The same thing would happen if Rene were capable of adding structs.
We'd be hearing about how great RosAsm is because it does true structs,
unlike a few other assemblers that don't.//

Nope. RosAsm never needed conditional assembly. René implemented it
because of user requests if I remember correctly. I found a use for it,
in order to help TEST it, in my source.

I could well do without.

From: the-o/-/annabee on
"In my humble opinion, B_U_Asm is way more usefull than your tons your
Pdf devoted to self-Promotion, but, mabe my opinion is biaized...

:))
Betov."

If the HLA bible was extremly useful or interessting the way it is now,
there would be an AVALANCHE of post in the ng, and millions of HLA
supporters.

I can spot one HLA programmer (sevag) and one Troll, and one sucker :)
If this is his "crop" from 5 00 000 hits, this will explain a lot.

From: hutch-- on
smile,

Dem jawz are flappin but I ain't hearin much chewin.

Never mind being cast aside like a used condom, you can still make it
in the world AFTER you eat that hat for trying to feed bullsh*t to the
members. You don't have to feel jealous about Betov dancing "cheek to
cheek" with anyone he thinks can deliver the magic silver bullet. You
know he whores around to get any support he can.

Just spare us the "flappin" and start with the chewin.

Regards,

hutcgh at movsd dot com