From: Golden on
>But what Don will not do is back up his craziness with a single image.

You're not gonna get him to reply by calling him crazy, that's for
sure.

>When Rafe supplied an image that showed this was wrong Don said the
>image must not be right, in a rather long winded way.

Actually that's not what he said. He just called it unsuitable.

>Words are cheap but how do we know if the person spewing them out
>really knows what they are talking about?

By sticking to facts instead of calling him crazy. But anyway, I don't
wanna get into a brawl with yous guys.

I agree with Joe. It's really sad to try and pick a fight with a guy
who's ignoring you. The more you try the more desperate you look.

So cool it guys. Come on. For our sakes.

Golden

From: rafe b on

"Golden" <goldenlasky(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I agree with Joe. It's really sad to try and pick a fight with a guy
> who's ignoring you. The more you try the more desperate you look.

It's a no-win situation at this point.

You're probably right, there's no point addressing
Don any more. He's on the "high road" to nowhere,
as far as I'm concerned. Bon Voyage.

But what to do with Don's misinformation, which
is now on public record? Should we leave it there
for newbies to step into?

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

From: Joe on
>Be glad that some are
>willing to challenge his false claims, otherwise the misinformation
>would rule in this newsgroup.

I do not know who is right and who is wrong because all that is over my
head.

But he does not go on and on trying to pick a fight and provoke someone
who is ignoring him. To me that is a Good Thing.

So even if what you say is true I like much more what he does to what
his many critics do.

But instead of stopping all this I just made it worse so I am going
back to lurking.

Joe

From: Don on
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:21:05 -0400, Raphael Bustin <foo(a)bar.com>
wrote:

>Don's posts are some of the
>longest you'll see anywhere on USENET.
>He responds point-by-point to any criticism, however
>slight, to explain with mountains of words that the
>fault can't possibly lie in his logic.

I know it's a very hard concept to grasp, but that's called being
thorough, consistent and respecting every counter point.

Is that short enough for you? ;o)

Don.

P.S. Have you seen any of Kennedy's posts? I'd say that's a good
company to be in if (according to *your* metric) size is all that
matters.

Oh, is that what this is all about? Message length envy? ;o)
From: rafe b on

"Joe" <Joe_Nanaimo(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I do not know who is right and who is wrong because all that is over my
> head.

Why make that assumption? Why not just try it and see?
There's no need to believe Don, or me, or Scott or Bart.
None of this stuff is rocket science.

What's unfortunate is that you feel this discussion is "over your head."

It's not. The statements made in this thread can be tested
by anyone. All it takes is a few minutes' worth of experimenting -
assuming you already have a computer, monitor and image editor.

I invite you to de-lurk. Try some of the things that folks have
remarked on in this thread, and report back *your* experience.

That would be a real contribution to the group, and you might
learn a bit in the process.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Prev: canon F914900
Next: Canon FB 630 U - Driver