From: JEDIDIAH on
On 2010-06-28, J G Miller <miller(a)yoyo.ORG> wrote:

> On Monday, June 28th, 2010 at 09:25:19h -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>> A platform controlled by Microsoft will be more open to alternatives.
>
> And how is this reflected in the way that Microsoft have taken steps
> to control the BIOS

The market is bigger than them.

><http://www.zdnet.co.UK/news/application-development/2003/10/03/microsoft-moves-to-integrate-windows-with-bios-39116902/>
>
> and introduced Digital Restriction Management software to control
> what and when media can be played on your hardware?

Any commercial software vendor has to deal with that problem. They
either have to choose to ignore it or to create their own or do both.

> The next step will be that only MicroSloth (tm) approved hardware
> will be allowed to function with Windoze.

That bogeyman is more likely to be created by Apple than Microsoft.

--
If you think that an 80G disk can hold HUNDREDS of |||
hours of DV video then you obviously haven't used iMovie either. / | \
From: wonderwhy on
On 6/25/2010 9:20 PM, Moshe wrote:
> Ooops!
>
> Silly me!
>
> That was the Apple iPhone 4G *not* the open source
> OpenMoko phone.
>
> BTW what ever happened to the OpenMoko?
>
> You know, the phone the Linux freetards proclaimed as
> the iPhone killer?
>
> Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
>
> Linux fails once again.

There would have only 12 people there anyway. That's what linturds think
"masses" means
From: TJ on
On 06/29/2010 10:08 AM, chrisv wrote:
> wonderwhy wrote:
>
>> There would have only
>
> *plonk*

Great idea. In fact, there is little, if anything, left to be learned
here. The entire thread needs to be *plonked.*

TJ
--
Life isn't fair. It's not meant to be.
Overcoming the disadvantages we face is what makes us strong.
From: zedkay on
Google can kill or install apps on citizen Androids

have fun with Android ;P

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/28/google_remote_android_application_install/

--
Please do not reply to my Email address. It is a faux Email address.
Cyberpunk FPS/MMORG www.neocron.com
From: mjt on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 19:14:34 +0200
Aragorn <aragorn(a)chatfactory.invalid> wrote:

> From the looks of the crossposted threads, nothing has changed in
> C.O.L.A. in the last five years, other than the pseudonyms of the
> trolls. If you were to subscribe to that group again, then it would
> probably feel like you had never left it in the first place.

Last time I looked around, I noticed a boatload of spam.

> I therefore salute all of the GNU/Linux advocates who are still brave
> enough to remain subscribed to that group and undergo the insults and
> manifestations of utter human garbage on a daily basis. Alas, they are
> casting pearls before the swine. And that's an insult to the
> swine. ;-)

The issue I [eventually] had, was not the flamage, but the consideration
that the advocacy was not reaching an intended audience. The SNR ratio
would be immediately apparent to the "average joe/joan", where any
valid post would be lost in the noise.

--
"We are upping our standards ... so up yours."
-- Pat Paulsen for President, 1988.