From: Chris Ahlstrom on
Aragorn stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

> On Tuesday 29 June 2010 18:58 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying as
> mjt wrote...
>
>> You've pretty much summed up why I left COLA. I'm sure if I wondered
>> in there today, I'd see the same ol' lame, unintelligent responses to
>> valid posts.
>
> I therefore salute all of the GNU/Linux advocates who are still brave
> enough to remain subscribed to that group and undergo the insults and
> manifestations of utter human garbage on a daily basis. Alas, they are
> casting pearls before the swine. And that's an insult to the
> swine. ;-)

Actually, I'm sure the regulars and a few lurkers benefit from the
occasional gold nugget, enough to make it worth while. I've learned a few
things here about Linux tools and apps, and more.

The killfile puts a bit of a cap on the BP oil-spillage-level postings of
the noxious trolls.

--
Read terms and conditions.
From: Fred on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:09:40 -0500, chrisv wrote:

> mjt wrote:
>
>>The issue I [eventually] had, was not the flamage, but the consideration
>>that the advocacy was not reaching an intended audience. The SNR ratio
>>would be immediately apparent to the "average joe/joan", where any valid
>>post would be lost in the noise.
>
> The poster of any Linux advocacy is immediately attacked by Wintrolls,
> largely preventing rational discussions.

A standard tactic across Usenet. It's too valuable a tool to
leave around. People might start talking to each other and organizing,
heavens! That scares the rich.
From: TomB on
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
On 2010-06-29, the following emerged from the brain of TJ:
> On 06/29/2010 10:08 AM, chrisv wrote:
>> wonderwhy wrote:
>>
>>> There would have only
>>
>> *plonk*
>>
> Great idea. In fact, there is little, if anything, left to be learned
> here. The entire thread needs to be *plonked.*
>
> TJ

Is this TJ the drummer?

--
BOFH excuse #126: