From: NoEinstein on
On May 20, 9:42 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD: If you had ever taken a course in structural engineering,
there are TWO distinct types of force interactions. The STATIC ones
always have the opposing forces being equal. But the DYNAMIC ones
only have a FORCE equal to the LESSER resistance of the two. You've
never realized that DYNAMICS limits the downward force on the falling
object to be whatever the INERTIA of the object is. Since the inertia
of a one pound mass will always be just one pound, there can never be
an exponential KE increase, because the force and the resistance are
equal. Since your precious WORK would have to increase exponentially,
that violates simple dynamics, because the distances traveled by
falling objects differ so markedly from second to second. I hope that
you are sitting down, PD, because the latter statement means that
there can neither be an increasing Work nor and increasing KE, from
just the accruing COASTING components, which you are so reluctant to
acknowledge. The COASTING components of the distance of fall for all
dropped objects KILLS your made-up science! — NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On May 14, 10:33 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Folks: For over two weeks, now, Google hasn't been reporting recent
updates on this post. Therefore, I am re posting the original essay,
but with the number "2" at the end. I hope that "thinkers" among you
will leave comments. And I especially hope that Google will get their
computers working right.

PD, the Parasite Dunce, doesn't understand mechanics. He "dabbled" in
H. E. Particle physics, then, taught High School science. No such
teacher is the final word on anything. And those decades-old texts
aren't authoritative, either. My ASSIGNMENT for PD:

(1.) Define MOMENTUM, both in words and by formula. Explain what each
variable is, and explain the UNITS of the results after using the
equation.

(2.) Give a clear and concise definition of the Law of the
Conservation of ENERGY.

(3.) Concisely define Kinetic Energy, and state the UNITS.

(4.) If work can be done without there being both a force AND a
matching resistance, explain WHY.

(5.) The KE equation in most texts is KE = 1/2mv^2. Since the
distance of fall of dropped objects increases parabolically with
respect to time, please explain how your... 'WORK is proportional to
distance' notion isn't a 100% exaggeration of the KE.

From: John Park on
NoEinstein (noeinstein(a)bellsouth.net) writes:
> On May 14, 10:33=A0am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> Folks: For over two weeks, now, Google hasn't been reporting recent
> updates on this post. Therefore, I am re posting the original essay,
> but with the number "2" at the end. I hope that "thinkers" among you
> will leave comments. And I especially hope that Google will get their
> computers working right.

Go away.

--John Park

From: spudnik on
dood, you are *so* nonsequiter;
what is the language in which you are most literate?... well,
if the answer is English, we can grok that!

thusNso:
that is a cool graph. what is the quantity of CO2,
exuded by volcanos, typically?... does anyone have
a quantification of the amount of CFCs, they emit?

the main question is about the "observed" temperature,
due mostly to interpretations "in the anthropocene"
(formerly known as, the Holocene interglacial --
you was then !-)

> The following graph plots both and you can see which is larger.
http://solar-center.stanford.edu/sun-on-earth/Climate_Change_Attribut...
http://solar-center.stanford.edu/sun-on-earth/Climate_Change_Attribut...

--Pi, the surfer's canonical value -- except no other!
http://wlym.com
From: PD on
On May 23, 4:08 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On May 20, 9:42 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD:  If you had ever taken a course in structural engineering,
> there are TWO distinct types of force interactions.  The STATIC ones
> always have the opposing forces being equal.

Yes, indeed, so the net force is zero, so the acceleration is zero.
Hence the word "static".

> But the DYNAMIC ones
> only have a FORCE equal to the LESSER resistance of the two.

What???

Let's take a simple example. There is a wooden block on a wooden
inclined plane, and the plane is tipped up until the block starts to
slide, accelerating. List the forces acting on the block, what their
origin is, what direction the force is pointing.

> You've
> never realized that DYNAMICS limits the downward force on the falling
> object to be whatever the INERTIA of the object is.  Since the inertia
> of a one pound mass will always be just one pound, there can never be
> an exponential KE increase, because the force and the resistance are
> equal.

WHAT????
If the force and resistance were equal, then there would be two equal
and opposite forces acting on the object, and you'd be back to a
static situation. Try again.

See the block example.