From: John McWilliams on
Rich wrote:
> On Jul 4, 9:55 am, John Navas <spamfilt...(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>> Groundhog Usenet Reader --
>> remarkably capable and usable even though it's free
>> Features:
>> * International charset support
>> * Online/Offline modes
>> * Colors for quoting
>> * MIME/uuencoded attachments
>> * Threading
>> * Starring and banning of authors & threads
>> * Notifications
>> Recommended!
>
> Does the iPhone not have one? Is it something Apple can't control so
> they banned it?

There's an app for that.

--
lsmft
From: Rich on
On Jul 4, 7:06 pm, nospam <nos...(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <bbfba4d9-badd-403e-a6cc-e4c68b751...(a)j4g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
>
> Rich <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Groundhog Usenet Reader --
> > Does the iPhone not have one?  Is it something Apple can't control so
> > they banned it?
>
> the iphone has a usenet app, and contrary to your beliefs, apple
> doesn't control what people do with iphones.

Just with the iPad then?
From: nospam on
In article
<a51dd544-a9c6-495b-95f5-30240b154883(a)r27g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
Rich <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Does the iPhone not have one? �Is it something Apple can't control so
> > > they banned it?
> >
> > the iphone has a usenet app, and contrary to your beliefs, apple
> > doesn't control what people do with iphones.
>
> Just with the iPad then?

nope. apple doesn't control what users do with any apple product.
From: Atheist Chaplain on
"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> In article
> <bbfba4d9-badd-403e-a6cc-e4c68b751236(a)j4g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> Rich <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Groundhog Usenet Reader --
>> Does the iPhone not have one? Is it something Apple can't control so
>> they banned it?
>
> the iphone has a usenet app, and contrary to your beliefs, apple
> doesn't control what people do with iphones.

just what they can install :-)

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

From: nospam on
In article <4c31255d$1(a)news.x-privat.org>, Atheist Chaplain
<abused(a)cia.gov> wrote:

> > the iphone has a usenet app, and contrary to your beliefs, apple
> > doesn't control what people do with iphones.
>
> just what they can install :-)

nope.

they only control is what is available on the store. companies can
deploy apps directly to employees without going through the store and
users can do the same to their own devices if they are so motivated.
web apps don't go through the store at all, and can be used on any
iphone (or other mobile device for that matter).

and it isn't just apple. microsoft windows phone 7 will also have a
single store and sell only approved apps. google can (and has) removed
apps and can even install apps without the user's consent.