From: Steve Pope on
Rune Allnor <allnor(a)tele.ntnu.no> wrote:

>Whatever it was I saw: The Rabiner and Gold book has not
>been avalable for at least a couple of decades, already.

There's one on alibris for USD $124.

Steve
From: Impoliticus on
>Rune Allnor <allnor(a)tele.ntnu.no> wrote:
>
>>Whatever it was I saw: The Rabiner and Gold book has not
>>been avalable for at least a couple of decades, already.
>
>There's one on alibris for USD $124.
>
>Steve

After having seen this thread last week, I bought that book for $0.75 from
a used book store!
From: Dale Dalrymple on
On Sep 15, 4:14 pm, "Impoliticus" <swis...(a)uiuc.edu> wrote:
> >Rune Allnor <all...(a)tele.ntnu.no> wrote:
>
> >>Whatever it was I saw: The Rabiner and Gold book has not
> >>been avalable for at least a couple of decades, already.
>
> >There's one on alibris for USD $124.
>
> >Steve
>
> After having seen this thread last week, I bought that book for $0.75 from
> a used book store!

Does that mean it is now no longer available?

Dale B. Dalrymple
From: Rune Allnor on
On 16 Sep, 04:18, Dale Dalrymple <d...(a)ieee.org> wrote:

> > >There's one on alibris for USD $124.
>
> > >Steve
>
> > After having seen this thread last week, I bought that book for $0.75 from
> > a used book store!
>
> Does that mean it is now no longer available?

Define 'available'. The book is no longer in stock. Only
stray copies are traded as 'new'. Amazon.com has a couple
of dozen 2nd hand copies available, and provides links
to a dealer that seems to have a stock of new (but possibly
damaged) copies, that trade for $200 each.

Including other dealers than amazon, there might be about
50 to 100 copies in trade world wide, most of which in the
2nd hand market.

Rune
From: steveu on

>> > After having seen this thread last week, I bought that book for $0.75
f=
>rom
>> > a used book store!
>>
>> Does that mean it is now no longer available?
>
>Define 'available'. The book is no longer in stock. Only
>stray copies are traded as 'new'. Amazon.com has a couple
>of dozen 2nd hand copies available, and provides links
>to a dealer that seems to have a stock of new (but possibly
>damaged) copies, that trade for $200 each.
>
>Including other dealers than amazon, there might be about
>50 to 100 copies in trade world wide, most of which in the
>2nd hand market.
>
>Rune

For some text books that might be close to the total print run :-)

Steve