From: Umesh on
Q1:

(a) Write an assembly language program to accept a decimal number and
display it's two's complement representation in binary and hexadeimal
formats.

(b) Write an 8086 assembly language program that will compute:
2.0* log10 X for x = 0.1, 1.0, 10.0, 100.5, 1000.0, and six other
values using a loop. All values are in the single-precision (short
real) format.
(c ) Write a program that will input a positive integer and print
out the list of its prime factors. Comment on the run time of your
algorithm and state any limitations that you have imposed on the input
integers.
(d) Write an assembly language program to implement the queue
management.

From: Robert Redelmeier on
Umesh <fraternitydisposal(a)gmail.com> wrote in part:
> Q1: > > (a) Write an assembly language program to accept
> a decimal number and display it's two's complement
> representation in binary and hexadeimal formats.
>
> values using a loop. All values are in the single-precision (short
> real) format.
> (c ) Write a program that will input a positive integer and print
> out the list of its prime factors. Comment on the run time of your
> algorithm and state any limitations that you have imposed on the input
> integers.
> (d) Write an assembly language program to implement the queue
> management.

Looks like homewwork. We don't do that around here.
But if you're polite, we might review your efforts.

-- Robert

From: Evenbit on
On May 11, 11:58 am, Umesh <fraternitydispo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Q1:
>
> (a) Write an assembly language program to accept a decimal number and
> display it's two's complement representation in binary and hexadeimal
> formats.
>
> (b) Write an 8086 assembly language program that will compute:
> 2.0* log10 X for x = 0.1, 1.0, 10.0, 100.5, 1000.0, and six other
> values using a loop. All values are in the single-precision (short
> real) format.
> (c ) Write a program that will input a positive integer and print
> out the list of its prime factors. Comment on the run time of your
> algorithm and state any limitations that you have imposed on the input
> integers.
> (d) Write an assembly language program to implement the queue
> management.

If you provide your teacher's email address, we can save you the
trouble of handing it in. ;)

Nathan.

From: Herbert Kleebauer on
Evenbit wrote:

> > (a) Write an assembly language program to accept a decimal number and
> > display it's two's complement representation in binary and hexadeimal
> > formats.
> >
> > (b) Write an 8086 assembly language program that will compute:
> > 2.0* log10 X for x = 0.1, 1.0, 10.0, 100.5, 1000.0, and six other
> > values using a loop. All values are in the single-precision (short
> > real) format.
> > (c ) Write a program that will input a positive integer and print
> > out the list of its prime factors. Comment on the run time of your
> > algorithm and state any limitations that you have imposed on the input
> > integers.
> > (d) Write an assembly language program to implement the queue
> > management.
>
> If you provide your teacher's email address, we can save you the
> trouble of handing it in. ;)

No, please post the answer, I really want to see it. If this are
really the questions he got, the teacher should go back to school
and learn how to formulate well specified questions. In the given
form they can't be answered. Or maybe he is using HLA where the
students only have to learn the "call" instruction to call the
proper function in the HLA standard library.
From: Phil Carmody on
Umesh <fraternitydisposal(a)gmail.com> writes:
> Q1:
>
> (a) Write an assembly language program

Answer: No.

> (b) Write an 8086 assembly language program

Answer: No.

> (c ) Write a program

Answer: No.

> (d) Write an assembly language program

Answer: No.

Oh - for reference, you've failed your course.

Phil
--
"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: RIP relative adresses
Next: ANSWERS