From: wolfgang kern on

"Betov" �crivait:

>>> What's a "Blank area"?

> > Let me gaze into my crystal ball and see if I can predict Betov's
> > response to this. Mmmm, very cloudy... Can't imagine what he's going to
> > say... :)
>
> Well, i am going to say:
>
> "anywhere in the client area, but upon anything written".
>
> ... like in the english expression, being noticed in my dictionary:
>
> "A blank page"
>
> Now, i can very well predict the next questions:
>
> * What is "a client area"?
>
> * What is a mouse?
>
> * What is "clicking"?
>
> ... :)

Well, but I'd keep your idea for not too verbose Lessons.

Perhaps you can point (just tell on top as reference) to any
glossary found in the CPU manuals and/or the OS-help index.
[just for the few who may really need to ask questions like this]

__
wolfgang

From: wolfgang kern on

"Betov" �crivait:

[..about the OS "in person" ?]

> "whose"? Are you sure? It was saying "which", and i do not
> understand how it should be "whose" and why...

It may depend on the reputation of an OS ....? :)

for me windoze remain as 'just a thing'.

__
wolfgang

From: Betov on
"wolfgang kern" <nowhere(a)nevernet.at> �crivait

> "Betov" �crivait:

>> > Let me gaze into my crystal ball and see if I can predict Betov's
>> > response to this. Mmmm, very cloudy... Can't imagine what he's
>> > going to say... :)
>>
>> Well, i am going to say:
>>
>> "anywhere in the client area, but upon anything written".
>>
>> ... like in the english expression, being noticed in my dictionary:
>>
>> "A blank page"
>>
>> Now, i can very well predict the next questions:
>>
>> * What is "a client area"?
>>
>> * What is a mouse?
>>
>> * What is "clicking"?
>>
>> ... :)
>
> Well, but I'd keep your idea for not too verbose Lessons.
>
> Perhaps you can point (just tell on top as reference) to any
> glossary found in the CPU manuals and/or the OS-help index.
> [just for the few who may really need to ask questions like this]

Sure, but i am confident that the readers will notice easily,
that all of this is assumed by Right-Click and/or by [F1]...,
which are, anyway, explained, and i assume that what we call
"a pure beginner", in matter of programming, is not a pure
beginner in matter of using a desktop computer, and a user
interface.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
"wolfgang kern" <nowhere(a)nevernet.at> �crivait news:f26nuh$b16$2
@newsreader2.utanet.at:

> "Betov" �crivait:
>
> [..about the OS "in person" ?]
>
>> "whose"? Are you sure? It was saying "which", and i do not
>> understand how it should be "whose" and why...
>
> It may depend on the reputation of an OS ....? :)
>
> for me windoze remain as 'just a thing'.

Oh yes. :]]]]]

Frank is probably considering it a personification of the Evil...

:))

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Frank Kotler on
Betov wrote:
> "wolfgang kern" <nowhere(a)nevernet.at> �crivait news:f26nuh$b16$2
> @newsreader2.utanet.at:
>

>>"Betov" �crivait:
>>
>>[..about the OS "in person" ?]
>>

>>>"whose"? Are you sure? It was saying "which", and i do not
>>>understand how it should be "whose" and why...
>>
>>It may depend on the reputation of an OS ....? :)
>>
>>for me windoze remain as 'just a thing'.
>

> Oh yes. :]]]]]
>
> Frank is probably considering it a personification of the Evil...
>
> :))

That would be "witch". :)

I don't object to a little personification. "The CPU sees..." or "The
CPU thinks...", but that's not what I had in mind.

;;
This 'ExitProcess' is a Function of the OS (in 'KERNEL32.DLL,
exactly), which job is to terminate the Program's Execution
(Process End, Handles closure...).
;;

That reads awkwardly, to me. Maybe "which has the job...". Or maybe just
"which terminates ...". I might eliminate "exactly", too. Not really a
problem the way it is.

Best,
Frank
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: RIP relative adresses
Next: ANSWERS