From: Frank Kotler on
Evenbit wrote:

>>http://mysite.verizon.net/fbkotler//ezasm.html

As Jim points out, we could lose the extra slash...

http://mysite.verizon.net/fbkotler/ezasm.html

> Wow! You are way ahead of Rene's tutes already! ;-)

Thank you, but I don't agree. Betov's tutes (if you didn't write 'em,
Betov, who did? ... maybe not all the same... typos seem to lessen as we
go along) are *way* ahead of that little "rest"!

Has anyone who has actually *run* the "Twelve Lessons" in RosAsm, as The
Creator intended, commented on 'em? Maybe my "imagination" is making
them look better than they really are (if so, can this be fixed?)...
They really seem excellent to me!

As for Ezasm... it needs another name. There's an "EzAsm" assembler
(although not for x86, I guess). Maybe it needs to back up and start
with easier questions. "What's a bit?", "What's a one?", "What's a
zero?" It would sort of tickle me to start a tutorial with "What's a
zero?" :) "0asm.html" would sort nicely... :)

Best,
Frank

From: Frank Kotler on
Jim Carlock wrote:

> That kind of stuff is fun to play with. I'll have to take a look at what's
> going on in the javascript there. Thanks for the links, Nathan. Thanks
> for your presentation, Frank.

You're welcome. I haven't looked at all at the implementation of the
"TiddlyWiki" thing. I looked at the size and turned away. :) I'm not
"into" Javascript, and know only the most rudimentary html (perhaps
you've looked at my site :) If you look at how the "magic" is being
done, let us know what you think of it. All I can say is it's "easy"!

As a general observation, I think "Computer Aided Education" has got a
*lot* of potential that's just barely been scratched. Whether *this*
tool is appropriate for "this* purpose, I don't know, but I think
something "good" could be done here...

> That second set of double-slashes look funny. I bet they're not needed.

Right! How'd that get in there? Damn Cosmic Rays! :)

From: Betov on
Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net> �crivait news:V6d4i.3537$YW1.2205
@trnddc04:

> Betov's tutes (if you didn't write 'em,
> Betov, who did?

As you have seen, right here, as soon as this project was
started Randall Hyde menaced it of legal sues. So the name
of the author will remain "A_Volunteer", and i will take
the responsability of the management.

:)

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Frank Kotler on
Evenbit wrote:
> On May 19, 2:51 am, Frank Kotler <fbkot...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>Frank Kotler wrote:

>>>http://mysite.verizon.net/fbkotler//ezasm.html

>>>Feel free to "play" with it. You won't be able to save your changes.
>>
>>I guess you can't even "play" with it in the online version. Sorry 'bout
>>that...
>>

> Actually we can. If I surf to that site and do a 'File>Save Page As'
> then I get a local version that will complain about being saved wrong
> and I won't be able to edit it. But, since I am reading your message
> from a browser (Google Groups), I can 'right-click' on your link above
> and pick 'Save Link As' to get a proper local version which I can edit
> at will.

Right. Thanks for explaining that. I don't know *why* this is true, but
apparently it's the case with "TiddlyWikis" (horrible name - when I was
a kid, calling somebody a "wikkie" was even worse than "yahoo" - kina
the opposite, actually...) Jeremy Ruskin's "TiddlyWiki", I should say -
credit where credit's due!

> I notice that you haven't made use of the tagging. If I
> edit or add anything, I could use tags to mark those items... then if
> I send the document back to you, you'd know exactly how I made a mess
> of your work. ;)

I left the tags open for you, Nathan! :) Actually, I haven't figured out
how to use 'em. If you're inclined to do anything and send it to me,
I'll post it up, of course. If I understand a comment on Jeremy's site,
there's a site (tiddlyspot.com) where we could post such a thing and
"share" it. If that means multiple people could work on it - and save
changes - online - that would be quite cool! I'll have to look into
it... Otherwise "version control" might get complicated...

Best,
Frank
From: Frank Kotler on
Betov wrote:
> Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net> �crivait news:V6d4i.3537$YW1.2205
> @trnddc04:
>

>>Betov's tutes (if you didn't write 'em,
>>Betov, who did?
>

> As you have seen, right here, as soon as this project was
> started Randall Hyde menaced it of legal sues. So the name
> of the author will remain "A_Volunteer", and i will take
> the responsability of the management.

Well, thanks to Mr. (Ms.?) A. Volunteer! I really think you're "on to
something"!

Best,
Frank
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Prev: RIP relative adresses
Next: ANSWERS