From: randyhyde on
On May 14, 9:57 am, Betov <b...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> "randyh...(a)earthlink.net" <randyh...(a)earthlink.net> écrivaitnews:1179160408.975429.246860(a)u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:
>
> Did somebody ask you about your opinions, clown?

By posting to this newsgroup, you invite anyone to share their
opinions with you. If you only want to discuss this topic with a
select few people, you should use private email.

> Considering what you have done, the impressive failures of your
> propaganda production,

It is amusing that you claim my "propaganda" has been an "impressive
failure". You are, after all, the same person who constantly gripes
about how all the beginners are "being lost to HLA" because of AoA and
other information present on Webster.

> and the pathetic problems, your victims
> have to face, you would be the very last individual who should
> have anything to say about any Assembly Tutorial if the word
> "decency" had any meaning in your perverted brain.

I notice that you've gone back to attacking me and my products rather
than addressing the issues raised concerning your own tutorials.
That's a clear sign that you've admitted defeat on this subject.
hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: Evenbit on
On May 14, 9:22 am, Betov <b...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> If these guys do not want to do the job,
> i can understand it: Such a job is really killing. But instead
> of answering such stupidities, they could say that they do not
> have the will for being volunteer for such a boring task.

Okay, stop begging. I will do a quick edit of the lessons. I must
say that your behavoiur of late seems very out-of-character. A year
or two ago when you introduced the first set of Interactive Visual
Tutes, somebody (I can't remember who) tried to help by suggesting
improvements but you told them you didn't want any help from
"outsiders" (people not a part of the RosAsm team).

Nathan.

From: Betov on
"randyhyde(a)earthlink.net" <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net> �crivait

> On May 14, 9:57 am, Betov <b...(a)free.fr> wrote:
>> "randyh...(a)earthlink.net" <randyh...(a)earthlink.net>
�crivaitnews:117916
> 0408.975429.246860(a)u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> Did somebody ask you about your opinions, clown?
>
> By posting to this newsgroup, you invite anyone to share their
> opinions with you. If you only want to discuss this topic with a
> select few people, you should use private email.

Clown, this is an Assembly New Group where, on one hand, individuals
like you should never be tolerated, and where, on the other hand,
valuable criticisms from real Asmers, having real competencies, should
be naturaly expected.

Unfortunately, up to now, both has been proven wrong, but, as opposed
to you, i am not used to adapt my actions depending on what the idiots
may appreciate or not.

So, yes, "I want to discuss this topic with the few" Asmers around,
and keep sure that you never belonged to this category.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
Evenbit <nbaker2328(a)charter.net> �crivait news:1179170604.895468.245420
@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

> On May 14, 9:22 am, Betov <b...(a)free.fr> wrote:
>> If these guys do not want to do the job,
>> i can understand it: Such a job is really killing. But instead
>> of answering such stupidities, they could say that they do not
>> have the will for being volunteer for such a boring task.
>
> Okay, stop begging. I will do a quick edit of the lessons. I must
> say that your behavoiur of late seems very out-of-character. A year
> or two ago when you introduced the first set of Interactive Visual
> Tutes, somebody (I can't remember who) tried to help by suggesting
> improvements but you told them you didn't want any help from
> "outsiders" (people not a part of the RosAsm team).

The previous set of Visual Tutorials was for RosAsm, and nobody
having slept in the bed of Randall Hyde is allowed to touch
anything in RosAsm.

The Twelve Assembly Lessons are a general introduction to Assembly
that have been written for being usefull for any Assembler, and
designed to cure the crual lack of such materials for the beginners.
Therefore, any proof-reader, who would have anything to say, other
than no bases bullshits, is welcome on objective criticisms, that
could serve improving this set.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: wolfgang kern on

"Betov" �crivait:

>> I agree with Herbert on what a beginner should have before even
>> touch or decide for any ASM-tool around.

> And in what terms should the Twelve Assembly Lessons concerned
> with what "a beginner should have before... "?

If you'd tell it at the very begin,
you can save on many lines in the whole story.

>> I'd recommend:
>> 1. complete copy of the CPU manual (just in case to review details)

> Same answer. CPU manuals are the jobs, and belong of/to, Intel,
> AMD, and whatever, and are evidently not the purpose of the Twelve
> Assembly Lessons, in any manner.

Right, just a link to the manuals at top can avoid many questions.

>> 2. a set of fast viewable shortcut lists:
>> registers and flags
>> all available instructions
>> addressing modes
>> conditions
>> the flags affected list

> ??? Like if all of this would not be covered by B_U_Asm...

Yes, but I'd say this info is required before one start with ASM.
So why not mention it (or direct click links) at the begin.

>> much later in the game:
>> 3. the syntax differences in the tools around
>> 4. a few links to asm-source examples

> I am more interrested with what i could _remove_ or make _simpler_,
> than with adding this and that.

Yes, I know. If you put some stuff at top (contents, perhaps linked)
this saves on many later needed explanations.

>> finally (may be part of the tool already):
>> 5. The target OS specifics [API-help]

> This is not the purpose of the Twelve Assembly Lessons.

Wouldn't understanding the damn weird windoze API help a lot ?
Just one example (other than ExitProcess) will show how it
works in general. (I remember my first steps into windoze...)

>> and after all this:
>> 6. code opimisation
>> 7. Developers pages (RBIL plus a long list of HW-related links)

> This is not the purpose of the Twelve Assembly Lessons.

Yes. It could be the 'how to go further' 13th ... :)

>> I have everthing to support all of point 2) above,
>> but it's just unformatted plain text.
>> Perhaps someone got these already in html format.

> The more the merrier, Wolfgang, but it seems that you also, did
> not took a look at these new Tutorials, which i am talking about,
> here, for the only reason that they have not been proof-readed,
> and _need_ to be proof-readed, at several points of views.

The idea is not to add this lists to your Lessons, just to point
out what's required and/or recommended before starting the story.

I read only the first two chapters but I have no idea how a newbie
may think, so I cannot comment it at all.
My logical ordering would start with a contents list, so one may
skip a chapter or use the offered links for more details.

> The reason why i get furious ...

Sure :) but most of us just try to help.

__
wolfgang

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Prev: RIP relative adresses