From: Betov on
Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net> �crivait news:Tv51i.49$Gm.34
@trnddc04:

>> No, please post the answer, I really want to see it. If this are
>> really the questions he got, the teacher should go back to school
>> and learn how to formulate well specified questions. In the given
>> form they can't be answered. Or maybe he is using HLA where the
>> students only have to learn the "call" instruction to call the
>> proper function in the HLA standard library.
>
> No, with HLA you *don't* need to learn the "call" instruction! (it is
> alleged that one will eventually learn "real assembly" with HLA, but it
> occurs to me that I've never seen a question from an HLA user involving
> "call"...)

Admitting you would be right, this would be one another demonstration
of the fact, that the victims of HLA cannot make the difference about
what is a Macro, an internal hidden Macro, and an Assembly Instruction.

So said... do we need more "demonstrations"?...

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net> �crivait news:Czg1i.3723$NY3.196
@trnddc03:

> If we need a demo of where HLA would be better off to "show more, hide
> less", the clax thread "HLA malloc problem" will suffice:
>
> malloc(@size(int32)*ebx);
>
> If the guy had to write:
>
> push @size(int32) * ebx
> call malloc
>
> He might have seen that it wasn't going to work. Or might have learned
> what parameters "push" would accept. As it is, he's learned that he has
> to use:
>
> malloc( intmul( @size(int32), ebx));

Yes, but your repeated efforts, at CLAX, at pushing the begginers
down and downer into the trap, is nevertheless a pure scandal.

The only proper answer to these lost beginners was to invite them
to choose an Assembler. Period. Evidently not to waste (and make
them waste), for example, two weeks at trying to simply _install_
such a packet of insane shits.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net> �crivait news:gzj1i.29935$Ae.178
@trnddc07:

> Instead of
> talking about HLA, we should be talking about "The Twelve Lessons".
> Given that I'm not going to boot Windows, or even install Wine ('cause
> I'm more anti-MS than you are, nyahh, nyahh!), how can I see them?

Well, new news, now... you are going to sing a song with a lyric
saying that you never had Windows on any computer... Well... Too
bad i can't point you to ReactOS, as long as it is still not
usable.

> I can
> run "strings" over RosAsm.exe (or BU_ASM.exe) to extract the text -
done
> it before - but it would help if I knew just where to look. I realize I
> need to run 'em in RosAsm, with the debugger and all, to get the most
> out of 'em. But I've got a pretty good imagination, and may be able to
> "see" how they'd look in a debugger without actually doing it.

Outside the environment, they would make no sense, as they are entirely
based on the interactions in between the Source Editor, the Source Level
Debugger and the Assembler.

They are like a "super-Ketman" tutorial, but free.

Now, at a pedagogic point of view, time will tell if they are worthy
or not, but it would be a big surprise to me, if, in "more than two
weeks of install problems", your "Munawwar" could not have learned
more than with the HLA shits in two years. In fact, they are written
as "twelve hours" lessons, and a problem that i am utterly unable to
evaluate, is how long it could really take to a pure beginner to make
these bases clear in his mind.

For now, these tutorials need a proof-reader, at all points of view
(typos, order, accuracy, pre-requises...).

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: sevag.krikorian on
On May 12, 3:32 am, Betov <b...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> Frank Kotler <fbkot...(a)verizon.net> écrivait news:Tv51i.49$Gm.34
> @trnddc04:
>
> >> No, please post the answer, I really want to see it. If this are
> >> really the questions he got, the teacher should go back to school
> >> and learn how to formulate well specified questions. In the given
> >> form they can't be answered. Or maybe he is using HLA where the
> >> students only have to learn the "call" instruction to call the
> >> proper function in the HLA standard library.
>
> > No, with HLA you *don't* need to learn the "call" instruction! (it is
> > alleged that one will eventually learn "real assembly" with HLA, but it
> > occurs to me that I've never seen a question from an HLA user involving
> > "call"...)
>
> Admitting you would be right, this would be one another demonstration
> of the fact, that the victims of HLA cannot make the difference about
> what is a Macro, an internal hidden Macro, and an Assembly Instruction.
>
> So said... do we need more "demonstrations"?...
>
> Betov.
>
> <http://rosasm.org>

This coming from the clown who had to be taught what conditional
compiling meant.

sevag.k
www.geocities.com/kahlinor

From: Frank Kotler on
rhyde(a)cs.ucr.edu wrote:

> What's a "Blank area"?

Let me gaze into my crystal ball and see if I can predict Betov's
response to this. Mmmm, very cloudy... Can't imagine what he's going to
say... :)

Best,
Frank

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last