From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:30:01 -0800, Kunal Jariwala
<KunalJariwala(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello John,
>
>My database have got 3 tables, they have no relationships.

Then it's not really a database. What are the three tables? What Entities
(real-life people, things or events) do they represent? How are those entities
logically connected to one another in the real world?

>First table is
>the one which captures all the main data off the form. 2nd & 3rd tables are
>just to fillup the 'Combo Box'. A single form on which all the data are
>entred and calculated.

If you're designing a database starting with a Form, you're probably on the
wrong track. Forms do not generally map all that well to logical, normalized
designs.

>So according to this scenario I think the best reply would be "the 1st Table
>is the Record Source for the Report."

If you open the Report in design view, view its Properties, and select the
Data tab, what is shown in its "Record Source" property?

>The Where Condition for the Macro is same as I informed in my earlier post
>"[JobID]=[Forms]![QuoteForm]![JobID]".

Macros don't have Where Conditions. Forms do.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Gina Whipp on
Joh,n

Ummm, macros do have Where Conditions when using OpenForm or OpenReport
actions.

--
Gina Whipp

II

From: Gina Whipp on
Kunal,

Is the form open? Is JobID text or numberic? Might help if you type your
Macro arguements here..

--
Gina Whipp

II

From: Kunal Jariwala on
John,

1. I very well knw tat my Database design is not in Third Normal Form
neither in Second Normal Form !!! As I am not as good on creating the forms
and as this database requirement is urgent I added all the fields required in
the form into a single table, which can hav only one adverse effect - 'the
size of the database will be big' and I am not worried about the size at tis
point !!! To get tis work I made all the fields optional (not required) and
thus it allows me to put everything togather in one simple form. The only
thing Report has to do is to knw copy data opposite to the relevant JobID and
print it !!! Also the Layout of the Report is same as Layout for Form.

2. Regarding the Record Source for the Report, my reply would be same... its
the "First Table".

3. Macros DO have WHERE CONDITIONS !!! As Gina replied to ur post, they are
used to Open Report or Form through Macros.

Thanks.

Kunal.

From: Kunal Jariwala on
Hi Gina,

Mi JobID is Numeric (Auto Integers). I m trying to set the Print Command on
the Form. But I think its the Macros where condition which is having
trouble... The condition which I pasted before is the one I copied from one
of the Templet I downloaded from Microsoft Website. Their Database is more
complicated than mine... and it does work there but not with mine... All
names are correct, but still dosent work???

Thanks.

Kunal.

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Kunal,
>
> Is the form open? Is JobID text or numberic? Might help if you type your
> Macro arguements here..
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Kunal Jariwala" <KunalJariwala(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello John,
> >
> > My database have got 3 tables, they have no relationships. First table is
> > the one which captures all the main data off the form. 2nd & 3rd tables
> > are
> > just to fillup the 'Combo Box'. A single form on which all the data are
> > entred and calculated.
> >
> > So according to this scenario I think the best reply would be "the 1st
> > Table
> > is the Record Source for the Report."
> >
> > The Where Condition for the Macro is same as I informed in my earlier post
> > "[JobID]=[Forms]![QuoteForm]![JobID]".
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Kunal.
> >
> > "John W. Vinson" wrote:

> >> Please post your actual code. What's the Recordsource of the report?
> >> --
> >>
> >> John W. Vinson [MVP]
> >> .
> >>

> .