From: RMires on
I have a command button that opens a report based upon a information in a
form. I want to be able to change the data on the record and update the
report without having to go to the next record and without having to manually
close the report.
From: Gina Whipp on
RMires,

Once you open the report it in essence becomes an image. You cannot
*refresh* it the traditional way. You have to close and reopen all which
can be accomplished in the After_Update event of the control you change.
Other then that there is no other way, that I am aware of, to do what you
want without closing/reopening the report.

--
Gina Whipp

II

From: Kunal Jariwala on
Hi Mires,

I m havin trouble generating the report according to the 'JobID' specified
on the form through a click of the button... My Macro condition states tis
"[JobID]=[Forms]![QuoteForm]![JobID]" but tis dosent work... it prints all
the records...

Thanks.

Kunal.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:55:01 -0800, Kunal Jariwala
<KunalJariwala(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Mires,
>
>I m havin trouble generating the report according to the 'JobID' specified
>on the form through a click of the button... My Macro condition states tis
>"[JobID]=[Forms]![QuoteForm]![JobID]" but tis dosent work... it prints all
>the records...

Please post your actual code. What's the Recordsource of the report?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Kunal Jariwala on
Hello John,

My database have got 3 tables, they have no relationships. First table is
the one which captures all the main data off the form. 2nd & 3rd tables are
just to fillup the 'Combo Box'. A single form on which all the data are
entred and calculated.

So according to this scenario I think the best reply would be "the 1st Table
is the Record Source for the Report."

The Where Condition for the Macro is same as I informed in my earlier post