From: relic on
Lanky wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:10:01 GMT, "relic"
> <mailbounce(a)relic211.cjb.net> wrote:
>
>> Lanky wrote:

>>> Gave it one more go. This time it completed the formatting of the
>>> 20G HD (the 100G one still unplugged) started copying files, when
>>> 51% complete the blue screen returned. This time the Tech Info reads
>>> "0XF000EEFB,OXOOOOOOOO, 0X80818B20, 0X00000000)
>>> Surely XP doesn't need the whole of a 20G HD does it? The 20G is the
>>> master and the 100G the slave, would changing them around help, if I
>>> could find out how to do it?
>>
>> There's a chance you'll have to update your motherboard BIOS.
>>
>> Remove all extra components except your HDD and Video Card... Sound
>> Cards, etc. then install. The removed cards can be installed later.
>> A fairly common cause of STOP 0x50 is an IRQ Conflict with the Sound
>> Card and another device. (Even on-board sound device can conflict
>> with something else. Sound Cards seem to only get along with USB
>> sharing of IRQs.)
>>
>> XP needs 5~10GB of disk space (<5 when installed, but it will grow).
>>
>> Do you know your motherboard manufacturer? I know some Gateway
>> machines used Intel motherboards... or just list the model number
>> and I'll look around.
>>
> 933 PERFORMANCE SYSTEM UK
> Processor INTEL PENTIUM III 933MHZ PROCESSOR
> MEMORY 128MB 133MHZ SDRAM MEMORY (1 X 128MB) INCREASED TO
> 2 X 256MB VIDEO CARD 32MB NVIDIA M64 TNT-24X AGP GRAPHICS CARD
> HARD DRIVE 20GB HARD DRIVE
> SOUNDCARD CREATIVE LABS 1373 DIGITAL SOUNDCARD
>
> Model No. ATX8TF FED933
> Mfg date 21/03/01
> Serial No 0001874111
> Assembled in Ireland.

I seem to have struck out trying to locate a BIOS upgrade. Gateway USA site
says they can't help with international machines, and
http://www.uk.gateway.com/support/ doesn't list any model that's even close
to yours.

On the US site you can get a full list of all BIOS upgrades, but your model
number isn't listed for any of them. I'm stumped.

From: Lanky on

From: Julie on

From: Lanky on

From: Lanky on