From: Alexander Grigoriev on

"Bo Persson" <bop(a)gmb.dk> wrote in message
>> Remember, he's the Lotus Notes father! The worst email client ever.
>
> That's because it isn't an email client, but a GroupWare platform that
> just happens to do email on the side. :-)

and a kitchen sink on the other side!

From: Jerry Coffin on
In article <o1m3p5h3nq0vrd0q64i79ebmkb579k562v(a)4ax.com>,
geoff(a)invalid.invalid says...

[ ... ]

> Feature creep has made the VC 6.0 IDE the last best effort. How
> 20th century can you be.

Sadly, no. In terms of the IDE and help system, 5.0 was still better
than 6.0, and 4.2b was really the best.

--
Later,
Jerry.
From: Tom Serface on
I think this is really good news. It's not "cheap", but not as bad as
having to pay the full price.

Tom

From: Sheng Jiang [MVP] on
Microsoft is decoupling Help System from Visual Studio 2010. The index files
are still there just in a different format
(http://helpware.net/mshelp3/intro.htm).

I guess it takes no more than a window extension and some API calls to have
an index pane integrate with visual studio. A dynamic help pane is more
difficult.

From: Brian Muth on
>> Sure.... But are you saying MFC has changed since VC6 ;-).
>>

> MFC not so much, but the IDE has been modernized. Even if you prefer VC6,
> using such an old product is no longer better.

Actually, there have been some substantial improvements to the MFC,
particularly with the support of the ribbon. It also can support a windows
framework that resembles Visual Studio 2010 itself, which is very cool.

Also, the Class Wizard (which went AWOL from 2003 to 2008) is back. Not
exactly sure if it has been enhanced, but VC6 users will be delighted to use
it again.

Also, there is a nice CTaskDialog class which is a very cool enhanced
message box that is nice to have in my tool box.

Brian

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: IDE Issues