From: BlindBaby on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 22:54:49 -0600, Joe Pfeiffer <pfeiffer(a)cs.nmsu.edu>
wrote:

>"Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terrell(a)earthlink.net> writes:
>
>> MitchAlsup wrote:

>>> It is easier to place most of the manufactuing process in a vacuum and
>>> eliminate the dust particles. {Hint: dust cannot float in a vacuum to
>>> land on the wafers, but drops like a rock to the floor.}
>>

>> Just like Skyduck's ignorant trolling.
>
>And if people would just quit answering him, I wouldn't see anything
>from him at all...

That should tell you something, you retarded ditz!

We do not filter your news for you. Nor do we cater to your stupid
requests that we follow your posting criteria.

YOU need to LEARN how to filter your own news, cretin.
From: Skybuck Flying on
Hello,

Would it be possible to "vaporize" any dust particles during the chip
manufacturing ?

From what I understand "dust" particles cause lot's of chip-duds.

Since E=MC^2 maybe the "matter of the dust particle" can be turned into
energy clearing it ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: dlzc on
Dear Skybuck Flying:

On Jun 18, 2:48 am, "Skybuck Flying" <IntoTheFut...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Would it be possible to "vaporize" any dust particles
> during the chip manufacturing ?

No. To hard on the machinery when it recondenses.

> From what I understand "dust" particles cause lot's
> of chip-duds.

That is part of the machining process. Clearing away the dross is a
small part what a machinst does.

> Since E=MC^2 maybe the "matter of the dust particle"
> can be turned into energy clearing it ?

Blowing up the machine, the operator, the building it is in, and the
city that supports the machine shop seems a little extreme, don't you
think? A megaton nuclear weapon "converts" a few nanograms of mass to
energy (the rest is there just for chance).

David A. Smith
From: Benj on
On Jun 18, 5:48 am, "Skybuck Flying" <IntoTheFut...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would it be possible to "vaporize" any dust particles during the chip
> manufacturing ?
>
> From what I understand "dust" particles cause lot's of chip-duds.
>
> Since E=MC^2 maybe the "matter of the dust particle" can be turned into
> energy clearing it ?
>
> Bye,
>   Skybuck.

Lessee. Obviously you are an "idea man" rather than someone who works
out the mundane details! I don't know. maybe a giant laser or nuclear
reactor or perhaps an LHC would be the way to go to "smash" dust
particles in chip manufacture rather than the usual fans and filters.
I mean how much more could it cost?

From: EricP on
dlzc wrote:

> A megaton nuclear weapon "converts" a few nanograms of mass to
> energy (the rest is there just for chance).

1 megaton TNT = 4.184e15 joules
E=MC^2 = 9.0e16 J/Kg

1 megaton = 46.49 grams.

Eric