From: Archimedes' Lever on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:01:31 +0100, Martin Brown
<|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>A nanogram of mass annihilated would release about 90kJ - barely enough
>to boil the water needed to make a small pot of tea.

Which makes it obvious to me that he did not know the first thing about
it.
From: Archimedes' Lever on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:25:06 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:45:15 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
><OneBigLever(a)InfiniteSeries.Org> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:33:00 -0700, John Larkin
>><jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>>>Simply blast each dust particle on the wafer surface with a same-sized
>>>chunk of antimatter.
>>>
>>>I generously donate this invention to the public domain.
>>>
>>>John
>>>

>> Perhaps you could dive into a pool of antimatter and get 'blasted away'.
>>
>> I generously donate this Earth soothing suggestion to you. That way,
>>you might be able to recover a tiny bit of honor.
>
>Serious lasers, like NIF, have to be very careful about dust. When
>they fire the laser, dust on optics can explode and blast tiny craters
>in the glass. I think NIF is the world's biggest clean room.
>
>John

They are not using lasers to blast away particles, idiot. It would be
too easy to damage the surface it sits on.
From: Archimedes' Lever on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:25:11 -0700 (PDT), MitchAlsup <MitchAlsup(a)aol.com>
wrote:

>On Jun 18, 4:48�am, "Skybuck Flying" <IntoTheFut...(a)hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>> Would it be possible to "vaporize" any dust particles during the chip
>> manufacturing ?
>
>It is easier to place most of the manufactuing process in a vacuum and
>eliminate the dust particles. {Hint: dust cannot float in a vacuum to
>land on the wafers, but drops like a rock to the floor.}

Just ask Neil Armstrong.
From: Archimedes' Lever on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:27:24 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:11:26 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
><IntoTheFuture(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I did do a quick google for "vaporizing dust particles" before posting... it
>>turned up nothing !
>
>Try semiconductor particulate or semiconductor contamination
>or things like that. "Dust" is sort of lowbrow to the people who write
>papers about this.
>
>John

Low brow is the wrong term, idiot.
From: John Larkin on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:32:37 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
<OneBigLever(a)InfiniteSeries.Org> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:25:06 -0700, John Larkin
><jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:45:15 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
>><OneBigLever(a)InfiniteSeries.Org> wrote:

>>> Perhaps you could dive into a pool of antimatter and get 'blasted away'.
>>>
>>> I generously donate this Earth soothing suggestion to you. That way,
>>>you might be able to recover a tiny bit of honor.
>>
>>Serious lasers, like NIF, have to be very careful about dust. When
>>they fire the laser, dust on optics can explode and blast tiny craters
>>in the glass. I think NIF is the world's biggest clean room.
>>
>>John
>
> They are not using lasers to blast away particles, idiot.

Of course they are. They're just not doing it on purpose. Silicon
wafers would have a similar problem: enough energy to blast dust would
probably damage the wafer. E=MCsquared would damage everything nearby.

John