From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Doug R" <scootersite(a)NOSPAMhotmail.com>

| Duly noted: Cross Post.....GOOD
| Multi Post.......BAD

:-)

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on

"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
| "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
| >
| > "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
| >
| > | He's edited the registry and moved on...
| >

| > Surely that's the *only* way to 'fix' things if malware has caused a
| > registry alteration?
|
| If the program was out of date and perhaps misidentifying a malware
| instance, what other settings might it have missed correcting? It
would
| be better to confirm or deny the use of the most recent version of the
| removal program. What if version 'b' edits the registry *and* drops
| another malware item and version 'a' gets identified and removed?
Sure,
| he can manually edit the registry entry he finds amiss back to what it
| should be, but it would be better to execute an updated version of
MBAM
| or another removal tool such as SAS.

What if MBAM itself was dropping a malware item after cleaning a
machine?

Who would ever know?

SAS might do likewise!

Just a thought!

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>

| "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
|| "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
|| >
|| > "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message

|| > Surely that's the *only* way to 'fix' things if malware has caused a
|| > registry alteration?

|| If the program was out of date and perhaps misidentifying a malware
|| instance, what other settings might it have missed correcting? It
| would
|| be better to confirm or deny the use of the most recent version of the
|| removal program. What if version 'b' edits the registry *and* drops
|| another malware item and version 'a' gets identified and removed?
| Sure,
|| he can manually edit the registry entry he finds amiss back to what it
|| should be, but it would be better to execute an updated version of
| MBAM
|| or another removal tool such as SAS.

| What if MBAM itself was dropping a malware item after cleaning a
| machine?

| Who would ever know?

| SAS might do likewise!

| Just a thought!

That "thought" is called FUD. Your process is called trolling.

You are deliberately introducing Fear Uncertainty and Doubt when there is none.

You say "Who would ever know?"
There is a large body within the anti malware community that does checks and balances and
they "know".

MBAM and SAS do *NOT* drop malware!

EoD

--
Dave

From: George Orwell on

In article <htmt7f0n78(a)news1.newsguy.com>
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

> From: "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>
>

> | "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> || "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> || If the program was out of date and perhaps misidentifying a
> || malware instance, what other settings might it have missed
> || correcting? It
> | would
> || be better to confirm or deny the use of the most recent version
> || of the removal program. What if version 'b' edits the registry
> || *and* drops another malware item and version 'a' gets identified
> || and removed?
> | Sure,
> || he can manually edit the registry entry he finds amiss back to
> || what it should be, but it would be better to execute an updated
> || version of
> | MBAM
> || or another removal tool such as SAS.
>

> | What if MBAM itself was dropping a malware item after cleaning a
> | machine?
>
> | Who would ever know?
>
> | SAS might do likewise!
>
> | Just a thought!
>
> That "thought" is called FUD. Your process is called trolling.
>
> You are deliberately introducing Fear Uncertainty and Doubt when
> there is none.
>
> You say "Who would ever know?"
> There is a large body within the anti malware community that does
> checks and balances and they "know".
>
> MBAM and SAS do *NOT* drop malware!
>
> EoD
>
> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

As this old fart if he still works for MBAM. As him why
they fired only DustyBottoms Krook after finding them both
in a closet practicing 'injecting' malware into each other.

https://www.mixmaster.it

From: Anonymous on
In article <ueltv5pt03na1t39fi6pn1gfno1n6halkf(a)4ax.com>
Doug R <scootersite(a)NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

>As I mentioned, I am not computer literate so I probably
>didn't do things correctly. I was infected about 3-4
>months ago with an unknown virus that screwed things up
>good. After running numerous anti virus programs I finally
>got my PC back to normal. I didn't save or log anything (I
>will in the future) as my PC was running fine. I do update
>the anti virus files on a regular basis so yes, they are
>current. When I posted to this group (as well as others)
>earlier this week I had just noticed that I couldn't
>access Restore or Security Center. I was searching the
>newsgroups and internet looking for a fix when I found an
>article telling me what to look for in the registry. I
>followed those instructions and deleted the line that was
>making Restore inaccessable. Next time I will do more
>homework before I try anything and I will cross post, not
>multi post which really seemed to annoy some people. After
>reading through some suggestions from this group I
>uploaded some questionable files to 2 sites that were
>recommended here. They both came back with 10-25% hits for
>being infected. For the heck of it I archived a 13 MB file
>with a bunch of stuff that I knew was clean and uploaded
>to those same 2 sites. This absolutely clean file came
>back witth 20-30% hits for being infected. The one thing
>I've learned from this (besides NO cross posting) is that
>there is evidently no way to determine what is clean and
>what is not! And, I do appreciate your attempts to help
>me.
>
> http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/9e252a1178ab190f8df6b628671920b2f1ca65d80e6da46c7865eaf05778047e-1274990659
>
> http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/115cc0f6502183072d1a9ea2737b7e3313b2bb67

You can thank virus writing/passing swine like Raid/Dustin
Cook for all your troubles.