From: harald on
On Mar 24, 12:01 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> Einstein effectively said to do exactly this.
>
> Take two presynched clocks A and B and separate them by a distance D.
>
> Send time signals from A to B and from B to A.
>
> If tAB =\= tBA then....don't worry about it. Just change one of the clocks so
> tAB DOES equal tBA....then my whole theory becomes true.
>
> Now, as any scientist knows, the deliberate falsification of experimental
> results to fit the theory is a crime that would normally see the perpetrator
> expelled for life.
>
> I want to know how Einstein has been let off the hook for so long.....
>
> Henry Wilson...
>
> .......A person's IQ = his snipping ability.

Actually it wasn't his "fault", but Poincare's. And he in turn claimed
that it wasn't his idea either, but of the astronomers. It was the
result of a long process, as one has to make assumptions in order to
measure anything; and the fact of the matter was that one had no other
means to synchronize clocks, even if it was thought to be in principle
slightly erroneous. The astronomers who started it certainly thought
that it was a temporary rule, until "absolute velocity" could be
measured; next with the assumption that such can not be measured, it
had to be the final standard.

Harald
From: Inertial on

"Henry Wilson DSc" <..@..> wrote in message
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:11:51 +1100, "Inertial" <relatively(a)rest.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Henry Wilson DSc" <..@..> wrote in message

>>> Because light moves at c wrt its source.
>>
>>And everything else.
>
> ...only in fairyland

You'd know .. you have your little pulse fairies mysteriously creating and
destroying pulses in sagnac.

From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 02:54:58 -0700 (PDT), harald <hvan(a)swissonline.ch> wrote:

>On Mar 24, 12:01�pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>> Einstein effectively said to do exactly this.
>>
>> Take two presynched clocks A and B and separate them by a distance D.
>>
>> Send time signals from A to B and from B to A.
>>
>> If tAB =\= tBA then....don't worry about it. Just change one of the clocks so
>> tAB DOES equal tBA....then my whole theory becomes true.
>>
>> Now, as any scientist knows, the deliberate falsification of experimental
>> results to fit the theory is a crime that would normally see the perpetrator
>> expelled for life.
>>
>> I want to know how Einstein has been let off the hook for so long.....
>>
>> Henry Wilson...
>>
>> .......A person's IQ = his snipping ability.
>
>Actually it wasn't his "fault", but Poincare's. And he in turn claimed
>that it wasn't his idea either, but of the astronomers. It was the
>result of a long process, as one has to make assumptions in order to
>measure anything; and the fact of the matter was that one had no other
>means to synchronize clocks, even if it was thought to be in principle
>slightly erroneous. The astronomers who started it certainly thought
>that it was a temporary rule, until "absolute velocity" could be
>measured; next with the assumption that such can not be measured, it
>had to be the final standard.

Now we have atomic clocks that are sufficiently accurate to be presynched then
separated by considerable distances and used to measure OWLS.
Relativists still argue that the clocks will not be in absolute synch when
separated.

I cannot recall any OWLS isotropy experiment that operates in this way. It
would need to be done in a vacuum.

From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:08:15 +0800, "Tom Potter" <xprivatnews(a)mailinator.com>
wrote:

>"Inertial" <relatively(a)rest.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "rotchm" <rotchm(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I too want to play...
>>>
>>> Distance is an interaction time between two events. Distance is
>>> defined by the measurement of time:
>>>
>>> http://www.bipm.org/jsp/en/ListCGPMResolution.jsp?CGPM=17
>>
>> Distance is not an 'interaction time'.
>>
>> Event 'interaction' is also only one-way .. so is not really 'inter'
>> action.
>
>As a Greek philospher said about 2500 years ago
>"You cannot step into the same river twice."

Didn't they have two legs in ancient Greece?

From: Inertial on

"Tom Potter" <xprivatnews(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message

> "Inertial" <relatively(a)rest.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Tom Potter" <xprivatnews(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Inertial" <relatively(a)rest.com> wrote in message

>>> I will be looking forward to seeing "Inertial" explain what
>>> "can be measured between two events <other than> an interaction time.
>>
>> Distance
>>
>> Thanks for playing.
>
> It is interesting to see that my pal "Inertial"
> does not seem to know

I know far more than you

[snip waffle]