From: eric gisse on
...@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 06:14:47 -0700 (PDT), PD <thedraperfamily(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Mar 24, 3:55 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

>>> Not at all Diaper.
>>>
>>> Einstein plainly advocated the deliberate fabrication of experimental
>>> results in order that his theory would appear to be correct. His concern
>>> was that the aether, in which he clearly believed, would render his
>>> concept of relativity inoperable.
>>> Frankly, I cannot see why all the fuss when Lorentz had already shown
>>> that all observers would measure OWLS as 'c' because of the LTs.
>>>
>>> Einstein ended up with the same formulae...surprise, surprise......
>>> In other words, he didn't contribute anything new...and unwittingly, he
>>> managed to get clock synching right because his definition was straight
>>> BaTh.
>>>
>>> Einstein was nothing but a fraudulent con man.....
>>
>>This is a typical retort, Henri. When confronted with the inanity of
>>the content of your original post, you attempt to deflect attention
>>from the inanity with a cloud of chaff, a barrage of propaganda and
>>cavalier statements that are even more shamelessly outlandish.
>>
>>PD
>
> If the clocks don't give you the answer you want, just fake their
> readings....Einstein 1905

Really Henri, you think so?

From: Androcles on

--
Androcles
........provider of expensive physics lessons Awilson (my pet chimp) can't

From: PD on
On Mar 25, 3:14 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 06:14:47 -0700 (PDT), PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Not at all Diaper.
>
> >> Einstein plainly advocated the deliberate fabrication of experimental results
> >> in order that his theory would appear to be correct. His concern was that the
> >> aether, in which he clearly believed, would render his concept of relativity
> >> inoperable.
> >> Frankly, I cannot see why all the fuss when Lorentz had already shown that all
> >> observers would measure OWLS as 'c' because of the LTs.
>
> >> Einstein ended up with the same formulae...surprise, surprise......
> >> In other words, he didn't contribute anything new...and unwittingly, he managed
> >> to get clock synching right because his definition was straight BaTh.
>
> >> Einstein was nothing but a fraudulent con man.....
>
> >This is a typical retort, Henri. When confronted with the inanity of
> >the content of your original post, you attempt to deflect attention
> >from the inanity with a cloud of chaff, a barrage of propaganda and
> >cavalier statements that are even more shamelessly outlandish.
>
> >PD
>
> If the clocks don't give you the answer you want, just fake their
> readings....Einstein 1905

Aaaaaaand your back to claiming that calibrating a pH meter is faking
the meter's readings.

You're a hoot, Henri. You fill a clown car all by yourself.

From: PD on
On Mar 25, 3:13 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:03:11 -0700 (PDT), rotchm <rot...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I don't see how can you consider here a variable v in a definition of
> >> "time" compatible with human intuition
>
> >The definition of 'time' does not depend on v nor the speed of light.
> >The definition of 'time' does depend on light (or EM) but not on its
> >speed.
>
> >Simplifying: 'Time' at a location is the value indicated by the
> >(synched) clock at the location of the event. This clock has been
> >synched as follows: Send an EM From Master_clock to Synched_clock,
> >reflected_back to the Master_clock. Note the value (interval)
> >indicated by the master clock. Divide this value by two. This is the
> >value that the synched clock will take (as it has received the EM).
>
> Hahahhahaha!
>
> thanks for pointing out that because light is balistic, this is indeed a valid
> way to absolutely synch clocks.
>

> >There are equivalent variants/formulation of this definition of time.
> >Note that the role of the speed of light is not part of the definition
> >nor does it play any role. 'speed' is defined *after* the definition
> >of 'time'.
>
> >Human intuition has nothing to do with the "modern" definition of
> >time. That is a reason why SR is so unintuitive for the Lay ( and
> >"experts" ).
>
> SR is indeed unintuiutive..and completely wrong.

Gee. SR is simple and intuitive. Why do you have a problem?

From: Inertial on

"Tom Potter" <xprivatnews(a)mailinator.com> wrote in message

> "Inertial" <relatively(a)rest.com> wrote in message
>> "glird" <glird(a)aol.com> wrote in message

>> In the 1905 paper, isotropic light speed is a postulate. It is assumed
>> true throughout the paper (as it should be)
>
> Events propagate

Events don't propagate.

> at a constant speed ONLY in
> lossless homogeneous media.

Or empty space .. which is lossless and homogenous

> The velocity of an electro-magnetic wave
> is a function of the permeability and permittivity of the medium,
> and many lossless homogeneous medium exist.

Noone is saying they don't

You post does not seem to address anything that I'd said that you appear to
be replying to.

> I suggest that the poster do a BING search on "slow glass".

Which poster is that .. the OP? There's certainly no need for me to do it,
as I'm already familiar with the term.