From: Dirk (Belgium) on
Karl,

That other program also get data from SAP by calling a WebService to
SAP.

So, because that other program is capable to do webservice calling, I
was thinking to provide my data on the same way to other programs.

Dirk.

From: Dirk (Belgium) on
Richard,

No, my program can have DBF tables or ADS tables.
But I don't want that the other program access the tables directly
because on that moment I do not have any control anymore on the
contents of the records.

Dirk

From: Nick Friend on
Dirk,

Possible route...

Create a web service that the other program (let's call it Program A)
can call and which will receive the ID information of the data Program
A wants to get hold of. This "request" gets written into a database on
the web server.

Your own program (B) polls this database periodically to see if there
are any requests... when there are, Program B posts up the info to
another table on the web server.

Meanwhile program A polls periodically to see when the info is
available, and simply downloads it when it's there.

Obviously there's going to be more involved, but that could be a
skeleton set-up. That could all be done in PHP (for example using
NuSoap which is dead easy) or as someone else suggested, as a DotNet
add-on.

You don't need to write a web server, just have any old web server
that can host your service programs - if it was in something like PHP
it could be virtually any commercial hosting service.

HTH

Nick

From: Dirk (Belgium) on
Nick,

You have right, but there is just one problem:
You write the following:

"Create a web service...."

So, my question again: How to create a web service ???

Dirk, Belgium

TO ALL,

What is so difficult to understand ?

It is just like a ftp-program. There is a client-side and a
server-side. You have a FTP-Client and a FTP-Server.
Now, I have a Web-Client and have to make a Web-Server.

If someone is telling that IIS is a WebServer, that I can understand.
BUT, can he explain also how IIS is looking into a DBF-file ? So, it is
just that part of the program I want to write in VO or Vulcan.

Dirk

From: Ginny Caughey on
Hi Dirk,

So yes you want to write a web service (which will be hosted by a web server
that you don't write), and it should be really easy to do in Vulcan.
Probably Willie has some code. I've only created web services in C#, and
it's really easy with the VS tools.

Are your DBF files also used by other apps? If not this seems like the
perfect opportunity to move to SQL.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com