From: Willie Moore on
Dirk,

I will see if I can get you a small sample over the weekend.

Regards,
Willie

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5347 (20100806) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Sherlock on
Dirk

Been away skiing for week, catching up on messages and have read the
many opinions.

snip[ So, Yes, I want to write a web service which is hosted by IIS.
My web service gets a request (for example: give all data of article
123) and my web service gives a respons by opening the dbf file and
seeking this
article 123 and put the data into a small XML-file. ]

What I said in the 1st place stands.

You can have a standard VO application, use Service Mill and you have
a webservice running.

You interface to this application in many different ways to achieve
the goal I think I understand you are trying to achieve.
You could drop some XML with instructions to look up your [ article
123 ], your app is say looking at say an FTP folder, acts up the
request and drops data back in the folder which your VO app has
created.
You could have a SQL database connected via some IP receive data and
your VO app could react to this if you like.

I wrote a system for Craig Dawson that drops from multiple sites
ZIPPED, DBF/FPT subsets of data which has PHP serialised data in memos
it gets translated on the fly to SQL' data and updates other systems.

There are no real limits to what you can do.

Whether it is VO or .NET/Vulcan really makes no difference, I can
achieve everything I want with VO.. as a 'webservice'. Nothing we
could not achieve.

We even have the same system monitoting POP3 email for attachments of
XML, understand data instructions and reformat and distribute to some
laboratories XML job orders.

Phil McGuinness

From: Dirk (Belgium) on
Willie,