From: Dirk (Belgium) on
Hi All,

Is there anyone who has created a webservice server in VO ?

Can he/she tell me how to start with this ?
I will appreciate your time.

Dirk (Belgium)

From: Geoff Schaller on
Dirk.

One simple word of advice: Don't

It is a 1000 times easier to do so in C# from Visual Studio where you
have all the tools and classes at your disposal and where everything
just works and deploys like clockwork.

Geoff

From: Alessandro Vacchiano on
.... also PHP has classes about Webservice ....

Alessandro

messaggio news:4c595aca$0$34568$c30e37c6(a)exi-reader.telstra.net...

From: Sherlock on
Dirk

snip[ Is there anyone who has created a webservice server in VO ? Can
he/she tell me how to start with this ? ]

I have had a VO application webservice running for about 8-10+ years
and works 24x7 and does a lot of stuff.
Listens, resizes images, connected to POP3, FTP, ZIPS data, reads/
writes XML, create other data format including SQL data, uses DBF and
FPT fies, indexes. just about anything you want. I even program it to
stop and start and do maintenance daily.

I originally wrote another VO app to control it as service, but
ServiceMill does it all for you.

You can take any VO application and then install a product called
SERVICEMILL, tell it this is the EXE, click come options and forget
about it.

It handles all the work you would normally have to do.

Phil McGuinness
From: Dirk (Belgium) on
Phil,

ServiceMill is 'something' which converts a normal application into
some kind of Windows service.

My question was NOT: How to write a windows service (I can do this).
BUT my question is : How to write a WEB Service SERVER.

Have you a small example to solve my last question ?

Dirk (Belgium)

--

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5