From: jslcr1 on
On Feb 19, 8:17 pm, "Tim Conway" <tconway_...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> "Don" <burnettedclot...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hey gang,
>
> > This morning I get notified there is an update to Quicken Deluxe 2010, R7,
> > so I went ahead and let it download and install the update.
>
> > Now, in my two checking accounts , I no longer have a balance field at the
> > far right, showing my balance after each transaction.
> > I have an online and ending balance listed at the bottom right as usual,
> > just no balance column any longer just to the right of payment and deposit
> > columns.
>
> > I have looked under preferences, can't seem to find where and how to get
> > this back?
>
> > Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am sure it is something simple I
> > am overlooking...
>
> I have Q2010 R7 and also can duplicate this when I sort on "C".  I don't
> know of any solution other than to sort on another field (column) such as
> date - which always brings back the balance column at right.

Quicken is working on a fix for this problem.
From: joe on
joe had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-What-happened-to-my-balance-column-21352-.htm
:
I had the same experience after downloading the update.
The balance column reappears if you sort the register by date.
I previously sorted by 'cleared', but can't now if I want to see the
balance.
It's a problem.....

-------------------------------------
Don wrote:

> "Bob Wang" <BobWangBlog(a)Gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Don:
>> If I make my Quicken window pretty narrow, the balance column is
>> not
>> displayed.
>> Are you using a small window?
>> Bob
>>

> No, it is displayed in full screen on my 22" wide screen lcd...

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 20763 messages and counting!
From: Don on

"Tim Conway" <tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Don" <burnettedclothes(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hey gang,
>>
>> This morning I get notified there is an update to Quicken Deluxe 2010,
>> R7, so I went ahead and let it download and install the update.
>>
>> Now, in my two checking accounts , I no longer have a balance field at
>> the far right, showing my balance after each transaction.
>> I have an online and ending balance listed at the bottom right as usual,
>> just no balance column any longer just to the right of payment and
>> deposit columns.
>>
>> I have looked under preferences, can't seem to find where and how to get
>> this back?
>>
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am sure it is something simple I
>> am overlooking...
>>

> I have Q2010 R7 and also can duplicate this when I sort on "C". I don't
> know of any solution other than to sort on another field (column) such as
> date - which always brings back the balance column at right.

Thanks Tim, good to know I can change the sort by and get the balance column
back - I do much prefer to sort by cleared status though, can't quite
understand their logic in changing that.

--
Don

From: Don on

"jslcr1" <jsl1305(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 19, 8:17 pm, "Tim Conway" <tconway_...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>> "Don" <burnettedclot...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hey gang,
>>
>> > This morning I get notified there is an update to Quicken Deluxe 2010,
>> > R7,
>> > so I went ahead and let it download and install the update.
>>
>> > Now, in my two checking accounts , I no longer have a balance field at
>> > the
>> > far right, showing my balance after each transaction.
>> > I have an online and ending balance listed at the bottom right as
>> > usual,
>> > just no balance column any longer just to the right of payment and
>> > deposit
>> > columns.
>>
>> > I have looked under preferences, can't seem to find where and how to
>> > get
>> > this back?
>>
>> > Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am sure it is something simple
>> > am overlooking...
>>
>> I have Q2010 R7 and also can duplicate this when I sort on "C". I don't
>> know of any solution other than to sort on another field (column) such as
>> date - which always brings back the balance column at right.
>
> Quicken is working on a fix for this problem.

That certainly is good to hear, thanks for the info.

--
Don

From: Margaret on
jslcr1 wrote:
> If you installed R7 to Quicken 2010 and you sort by cleared the
> balance field is not there.
> This was or should I say modified as part of this release.
>
> You can contact Quicken support at
> https://quicken.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/quicken.cfg/php/enduser/contact.php?plvl1=94
>
> and voice your complaint.

Yeah, I'll have to do that. I use the Tab key to move between fields,
and although I'm already getting used to *seeing* the Memo field in the
one-line register transactions, the Tab key skips right over the Memo
field, so I have to either <Shift-Tab> back or mouse back to enter data.
If the field shows, it should not be skipped over when moving from
field to field. I guess this was overlooked by the Intuit programmers.
Grrr.

Regards,

Margaret