From: dieHard� on
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:34:27 -0800 (PST), jslcr1 <jsl1305(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Quicken is working on a fix for this problem.

seems that with each new update (up to patch 7 already in only a few
months since release) they end up introducing new problems, removing
old features and breaking ones that used to work...

maybe they should try working on a fix for their $1 a day offshore
development staff.
From: TomYoung on
On Feb 20, 5:52 am, dieHard® <dieH...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:34:27 -0800 (PST), jslcr1 <jsl1...(a)hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Quicken is working on a fix for this problem.
>
> seems that with each new update (up to patch 7 already in only a few
> months since release) they end up introducing new problems, removing
> old features and breaking ones that used to work...
>
> maybe they should try working on a fix for their $1 a day offshore
> development staff.

And, while they are at it, perhaps make sure that their email support
staff have a basic mastery of written English. Here's a reply I
received today from Quicken Customer Care: "I would like to suggest
you that If after trying all the steps if you are unable to get the
exact amount. you even tried it test file but result is same so, I
would request you to Uninstall Quicken and reinstall it."

Tom Young
From: Notan on
On 2/20/2010 8:15 AM, TomYoung wrote:
> On Feb 20, 5:52 am, dieHard�<dieH...(a)msn.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:34:27 -0800 (PST), jslcr1<jsl1...(a)hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Quicken is working on a fix for this problem.
>>
>> seems that with each new update (up to patch 7 already in only a few
>> months since release) they end up introducing new problems, removing
>> old features and breaking ones that used to work...
>>
>> maybe they should try working on a fix for their $1 a day offshore
>> development staff.
>
> And, while they are at it, perhaps make sure that their email support
> staff have a basic mastery of written English. Here's a reply I
> received today from Quicken Customer Care: "I would like to suggest
> you that If after trying all the steps if you are unable to get the
> exact amount. you even tried it test file but result is same so, I
> would request you to Uninstall Quicken and reinstall it."

Does *anyone* wonder why they're tanking?

From: Han on
TomYoung <sombodee(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:065c0770-d60e-4fd4-9a71-
5803d99f7f9c(a)t17g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

> On Feb 20, 5:52�am, dieHard� <dieH...(a)msn.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:34:27 -0800 (PST), jslcr1 <jsl1...(a)hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Quicken is working on a fix for this problem.
>>
>> seems that with each new update (up to patch 7 already in only a few
>> months since release) they end up introducing new problems, removing
>> old features and breaking ones that used to work...
>>
>> maybe they should try working on a fix for their $1 a day offshore
>> development staff.
>
> And, while they are at it, perhaps make sure that their email support
> staff have a basic mastery of written English. Here's a reply I
> received today from Quicken Customer Care: "I would like to suggest
> you that If after trying all the steps if you are unable to get the
> exact amount. you even tried it test file but result is same so, I
> would request you to Uninstall Quicken and reinstall it."
>
> Tom Young

What's wrong with that set of statements? Seem perfectly understandable
to me. It's just that uninstalling and reinstalling is too much trouble
for me.

But on another level - what is the problem? Do you have a backup from
before the time you first discovered the problem?

--
Best regards
Han
From: Han on
Han <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote in news:Xns9D256B0E6D40Bikkezelf@
207.246.207.163:

> What's wrong with that set of statements? Seem perfectly understandable
> to me. It's just that uninstalling and reinstalling is too much trouble
> for me.

I hope you saw the implied sarcasm there ...