From: Immortalist on
On Jul 23, 8:11 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/23/10 9:18 PM, Immortalist wrote:

> >>     Photon Energy
> >>       E = hν
>
> >>       E_emitted ≤ E_absorbed
>
> >>       No increase in photon energy, therefore wearing glassed does NOT
> >>       damage eyes due to increased energy.
>
> > I have heard that eye glasses filter out some uv and other frequencies
> > which subtracts from full spectrum light. Are you sure that glass
> > doesn't change the light?
>
>    Filtering UV won't harm your eyes. Furthermore blocking UV reduces
>    the likelihood of cataracts.

I think that the idea is that the frequencies filtered out subtract
from full spectrum light. Its more than just uv.
From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/23/10 10:36 PM, Immortalist wrote:
> On Jul 23, 8:11 pm, Sam Wormley<sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have heard that eye glasses filter out some uv and other frequencies
>>> which subtracts from full spectrum light. Are you sure that glass
>>> doesn't change the light?
>>
>> Filtering UV won't harm your eyes. Furthermore blocking UV reduces
>> the likelihood of cataracts.
>
> I think that the idea is that the frequencies filtered out subtract
> from full spectrum light. Its more than just uv.

Methinks you should do some research and find out!

From: Immortalist on
On Jul 23, 8:41 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/23/10 10:36 PM, Immortalist wrote:

> >>     Filtering UV won't harm your eyes. Furthermore blocking UV reduces
> >>     the likelihood of cataracts.
>
> > I think that the idea is that the frequencies filtered out subtract
> > from full spectrum light. Its more than just uv.
>
>    Methinks you should do some research and find out!

True I am referring to a pretty old memory but just poking around for
a moment I found this;

Early in his research career, Dr. Ott fell and broke his glasses;
soon, his arthritis disappeared. And in 1996, Marion Patricia
Connolly, executive director of Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation
(PPNF), had much the same experience. Full-spectrum eyeglasses, i.e.,
lenses that transmit all ultraviolet light, are difficult to find. I
take off my glasses outdoors whenever I can.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_246/ai_112728015/pg_6/

There has never been any research showing health benefits of blocking
UV light to the eyes. However, it is now impossible to buy eyeglasses
that allow full-spectrum light. All of the lenses made in the last ten
years for eyeglasses are made to block UV light, even plastic lenses,
which if untreated, would allow full-spectrum light. However, full-
spectrum light to the eyes is necessary for proper functioning of
ovaries, testes and thyroid, according to Hollwich and the research he
summarizes.

http://www.recipenet.org/health/articles/why_light_matters.htm

Neither of those cites make my case though. The question needs
answering of whether any electromagnetic radiation frequencies are
filter or not by most kinds of glass.
From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/23/10 11:13 PM, Immortalist wrote:
> Early in his research career, Dr. Ott fell and broke his glasses;
> soon, his arthritis disappeared. And in 1996, Marion Patricia
> Connolly, executive director of Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation
> (PPNF), had much the same experience. Full-spectrum eyeglasses, i.e.,
> lenses that transmit all ultraviolet light, are difficult to find. I
> take off my glasses outdoors whenever I can.

A Field Guide to Critical Thinking
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/field_guide_to_critical_thinking/
http://www.csicop.org/si/9012/critical-thinking.html

About the Author
James Lett is a Professor of Anthropology, Department of
Social Sciences, Indian River Community College, 3209
Virginia Avenue, Ft. Pierce, FL 34981. He is author of The
Human Enterprise: A Critical Introduction to
Anthropologcal Theory and Science, Reason, and
Anthropology: The Principles of Rational Inquiry (1997,
Rowman and Littlefield Publishers). He can be reached by
e-mail at the following address: jl...(a)ircc.cc.fl.us

From: Brad Guth on
On Jul 23, 7:21 pm, Immortalist <reanimater_2...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 3:32 pm, Brad Guth <bradg...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Glass is not 100% transparent. If it was it would be invisable Reason
> > > it has some reflection.(glare) Want to get rid of glarry glass but a
> > > thin film of oil on its surface.(oily soap)  A very clever lady Ms Day
> > > told me this   TreBert
>
> > ZBLAND glass seems best, offering as good as .01 DB loss per km.
> >  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Zblan_transmit.jpg
>
> >  Too bad photons are so slow, and a whole lot slower yet within glass..
>
> I think they travel at the speed of light but the time it takes to
> absorb them and then re-transmit them takes time and makes the
> resulting measurement seem slower than the speed of light.
>
> >  ~ BG

Perhaps photons are actually much faster than 'c'. Each and every
atom performs as a photon node matrix, but how does the atom matrix
know this FIFO or delayed FIFO (DFIFO) node thing?

~ BG