From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/24/10 7:40 AM, bert wrote:
> On Jul 24, 12:29 am, Sam Wormley<sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7/23/10 11:13 PM, Immortalist wrote:
>>
>>> Early in his research career, Dr. Ott fell and broke his glasses;
>>> soon, his arthritis disappeared. And in 1996, Marion Patricia
>>> Connolly, executive director of Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation
>>> (PPNF), had much the same experience. Full-spectrum eyeglasses, i.e.,
>>> lenses that transmit all ultraviolet light, are difficult to find. I
>>> take off my glasses outdoors whenever I can.
>>
>> A Field Guide to Critical Thinking
>> http://www.csicop.org/si/show/field_guide_to_critical_thinking/
>> http://www.csicop.org/si/9012/critical-thinking.html
>>
>> About the Author
>> James Lett is a Professor of Anthropology, Department of
>> Social Sciences, Indian River Community College, 3209
>> Virginia Avenue, Ft. Pierce, FL 34981. He is author of The
>> Human Enterprise: A Critical Introduction to
>> Anthropologcal Theory and Science, Reason, and
>> Anthropology: The Principles of Rational Inquiry (1997,
>> Rowman and Littlefield Publishers). He can be reached by
>> e-mail at the following address: jl...(a)ircc.cc.fl.us
>
> Sam Glass has a glare and this lady from upstate NY knew how to get
> rid of this glare. Kind of interesting it get rid of glare and still
> lets 99% of the photons through TreBert PS her name was Blodgett
> and very famous. Got her Dr degree from U of Chicago in just one year.
> Only had one job it was at GE lab. She was a great inventer. To bad
> she was before my time.

Herb---multi coatings on consumer camera lenses have been around
since the 70s. Even glasses are offered with coatings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_coating

From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/24/10 7:29 AM, bert wrote:
> On Jul 23, 10:18 pm, Immortalist<reanimater_2...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Photon Energy
>>> E = hν
>>
>>> E_emitted ≤ E_absorbed
>>
>>> No increase in photon energy, therefore wearing glassed does NOT
>>> damage eyes due to increased energy.
>>
>> I have heard that eye glasses filter out some uv and other frequencies
>> which subtracts from full spectrum light. Are you sure that glass
>> doesn't change the light?- Hide quoted text -

> Have green sunglasses and only green light goes through.etc TreBert

You mean to say you can see red traffic lights and stop signs with
those sunglasses on. You poor sod.

From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/24/10 7:29 AM, bert wrote:
> On Jul 23, 10:18 pm, Immortalist<reanimater_2...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Photon Energy
>>> E = hν
>>
>>> E_emitted ≤ E_absorbed
>>
>>> No increase in photon energy, therefore wearing glassed does NOT
>>> damage eyes due to increased energy.
>>
>> I have heard that eye glasses filter out some uv and other frequencies
>> which subtracts from full spectrum light. Are you sure that glass
>> doesn't change the light?- Hide quoted text -

> Have green sunglasses and only green light goes through.etc TreBert

If they look green, then more green wavelengths are being REFLECTED
back to your eyes, Herb.
From: jimp on
In sci.physics Sam Wormley <swormley1(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/24/10 7:40 AM, bert wrote:

>>> A Field Guide to Critical Thinking
>>> http://www.csicop.org/si/show/field_guide_to_critical_thinking/
>>> http://www.csicop.org/si/9012/critical-thinking.html
>>>
>>> About the Author
>>> James Lett is a Professor of Anthropology, Department of
>>> Social Sciences, Indian River Community College, 3209
>>> Virginia Avenue, Ft. Pierce, FL 34981. He is author of The
>>> Human Enterprise: A Critical Introduction to
>>> Anthropologcal Theory and Science, Reason, and
>>> Anthropology: The Principles of Rational Inquiry (1997,
>>> Rowman and Littlefield Publishers). He can be reached by
>>> e-mail at the following address: jl...(a)ircc.cc.fl.us
>>
>> Sam Glass has a glare and this lady from upstate NY knew how to get
>> rid of this glare. Kind of interesting it get rid of glare and still
>> lets 99% of the photons through TreBert PS her name was Blodgett
>> and very famous. Got her Dr degree from U of Chicago in just one year.
>> Only had one job it was at GE lab. She was a great inventer. To bad
>> she was before my time.
>
> Herb---multi coatings on consumer camera lenses have been around
> since the 70s. Even glasses are offered with coatings.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_coating

Longer than that for consumer stuff and much longer than that for professional
stuff.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
From: bert on
On Jul 24, 2:33 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/24/10 7:40 AM, bert wrote:

> >> A Field Guide to Critical Thinking
> >>    http://www.csicop.org/si/show/field_guide_to_critical_thinking/
> >>    http://www.csicop.org/si/9012/critical-thinking.html
>
> >> About the Author
> >>               James Lett is a Professor of Anthropology, Department of
> >>               Social Sciences, Indian River Community College, 3209
> >>               Virginia Avenue, Ft. Pierce, FL 34981. He is author of The
> >>               Human Enterprise: A Critical Introduction to
> >>               Anthropologcal Theory and Science, Reason, and
> >>               Anthropology: The Principles of Rational Inquiry (1997,
> >>               Rowman and Littlefield Publishers). He can be reached by
> >>               e-mail at the following address: jl...(a)ircc.cc.fl.us
>
> > Sam Glass has a glare and this lady from upstate NY knew how to get
> > rid of this glare. Kind of interesting it get rid of glare and still
> > lets 99% of the photons through   TreBert  PS her name was Blodgett
> > and very famous. Got her Dr degree from U of Chicago in just one year.
> > Only had one job it was at GE lab. She was a great inventer. To bad
> > she was before my time.
>
>    Herb---multi coatings on consumer camera lenses have been around
>    since the 70s. Even glasses are offered with coatings.
>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_coating- Hide quoted text -

Sam I have coated glass. I use a lot of two way glass Made a
mechanical laser using "white" light Always buy polarized sunglasses.
It cuts out glare. I know how a "liquid crystal display works.and it
depends on polarizers Get the picture TreBert