From: Allen on
On 2/13/2010 7:43 AM, Laurence Payne wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:54:39 -0600, Allen<allent(a)austin.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>> My experience is the same as Gary's. I paid about $5 for my famous "Made
>> in China" brand reader four or five years ago and it has performed very
>> well on 3 different computers, reading both CF and SD cards. Won't read
>> SDHC, of course.
>
> No. You'll have to pay $5 NOW for one that will.
As my current computer has a slot that will read SDHC, I can save the
$5. All I need is a flashlight to see it in the back of the dark cave in
which it resides. No joke--I keep a small AAA-powered flashlight near my
computer just for that purpose.
Allen
From: John Navas on
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:41:12 -0500, "Tim Conway"
<tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote in
<hl6h6r$37k$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>:

>"Frank ess" <frank(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote in message

>> I made it a habit to use the "Eject" feature in the windows directory
>> display, and since then, the
>> "Doesn't Answer" occurs once in a hundred or so instances.
>>
>Using that "Eject" feature also prevents the card from being withdrawn while
>it is still being written to (which might damage it or the data). It's a
>good habit to get into.

Might well damage the data, but won't damage the card.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: Frank ess on

Allen wrote:
> On 2/13/2010 7:43 AM, Laurence Payne wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:54:39 -0600, Allen<allent(a)austin.rr.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> My experience is the same as Gary's. I paid about $5 for my
>>> famous "Made in China" brand reader four or five years ago and it
>>> has performed very well on 3 different computers, reading both CF
>>> and SD cards. Won't read SDHC, of course.
>>
>> No. You'll have to pay $5 NOW for one that will.
> As my current computer has a slot that will read SDHC, I can save
> the $5. All I need is a flashlight to see it in the back of the
> dark cave in which it resides. No joke--I keep a small AAA-powered
> flashlight near my computer just for that purpose.
> Allen

I'd like to know where you will find a large AAA-powered flashlight
(torch).

--
Frank ess

From: Peter on

>> As my current computer has a slot that will read SDHC, I can save
>> the $5. All I need is a flashlight to see it in the back of the
>> dark cave in which it resides. No joke--I keep a small AAA-powered
>> flashlight near my computer just for that purpose.
>> Allen
>
> I'd like to know where you will find a large AAA-powered flashlight
> (torch).

Why are you torchuring us?

--
Peter

From: Allen on
On 2/13/2010 1:41 PM, Peter wrote:
> "Frank ess" <frank(a)fshe2fs.com> wrote in message
>>

>>> As my current computer has a slot that will read SDHC, I can save
>>> the $5. All I need is a flashlight to see it in the back of the
>>> dark cave in which it resides. No joke--I keep a small AAA-powered
>>> flashlight near my computer just for that purpose.
>>> Allen
>>
>> I'd like to know where you will find a large AAA-powered flashlight
>> (torch).
>>

> Why are you torchuring us?

Any more remarks like that and I'll send my dog to byte you.
Allen