From: Ǝиçεl on
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

From: Shenan Stanley on

sheana wrote:
> I haven't been reading the newsgroups lately. but since I will have
> to migrate to the forums, where are they? Thanks in advance.

You obviously not only "haven't been reading the newsgroups lately" but do
not bother to read the postings you reply to. ;-)

Let me repeat what you replied to that tells you quite clearly where to go:

> Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
> In an effort to enhance and improve your experience, this newsgroup is
> scheduled for closure in the upcoming months and we would like to invite
> you to participate at
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xphardware/threads
> forum(s). An exact date will be posted in advance as plans are finalized.
>
> Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

That help? ;-)

If not - there was also a place listed in the reply to ask more questions.
I will repeat that part now:

> Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
> Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing
> to NNTP(a)microsoft.com "

Hopefully that gets you where you need to go.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: MapleE. on
I agree with OP, because I too have received incredible helpful and good
solutions whenever I posted my queries over the years. Then, I truly miss
all of those wonderful and selfless MS volutenterrs I've been reading for
many years.

My question is;
All those 'terrific,' 'expert' and 'wonderful' volunteers have been
migrating to all listed MS forums?

Thanks,

From: Shenan Stanley on
MapleE. wrote:
> I agree with OP, because I too have received incredible helpful
> and good solutions whenever I posted my queries over the years.
> Then, I truly miss all of those wonderful and selfless MS
> volutenterrs I've been reading for many years.
>
> My question is;
> All those 'terrific,' 'expert' and 'wonderful' volunteers have been
> migrating to all listed MS forums?

Some. Some may dislike the different format enough to avoid going there
ever. Some may try it for a while and then fade away. Others may just go
to other newsgroups (or the same newsgroups hosted on free news servers.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See...

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

Right now, this page lists the NGs that were dropped on June 1st:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

Not listed are NGs dropped on Juy 1st, including your favorites IE General,
OE General & Windows Update.

You will find support for Internet Explorer in this MS forum now:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads

You will find support for OE in this WinXP-specific forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads

You will find support for Windows Update in this MS forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads

Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your current IE
version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post in these forums, please.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

sheana wrote:
> I subscribe to a number of MS newsgroups, but, for example, when I clicked
> on the newsgroup for word.general I got a message that that newsgroup was
> not available from the MS server. Is MS phasing out the
> communities/newsgroups? Let me know, because I find them incredibly
> helpful.
> Thanks in advance.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9