From: Rene Veerman on
so your systems represent all the software problems out there in the world?
or your experience does?

hard to believe.

From: Per Jessen on
Rene Veerman wrote:

> yes you are bashing them (me included) imo
>=20
> you say threading support doesnt belong in php; with that you're
> determining what i may and may not do, even if i have given you good
> reasons for it, that you chose to ignore.

Well, call it what you like, I think I'm being perfectly civil.=20

By advocating that thread support does not belong in PHP, I am in no wa=
determining what you (or anyone else) may or may not do. You are a
free individual and free to choose the programming language and
paradigm that is best suited to your purposes.=20

Using your argument, one could also say that Kernighan and Ritchie
determined that "C should have no threading", just as the US DoD was
incredibly foresighted and decided we all should go multi-threaded when=

they gave Ada its tasks and rendezvous.=20

--=20
Per Jessen, Z=C3=BCrich (9.0=C2=B0C)

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 10:28 +0200, Rene Veerman wrote:
> funny how i've been topposting for over a year here and the complaints
> start when i tell some people not to butt into my business and choice
> of tools.
>

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Ashley Sheridan
> <ash(a)ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 10:07 +0200, Rene Veerman wrote:
>

> > and i like top-posting. a lot.
>

> Rene, please do stop posting. It is in the mailing list rules
> that you should bottom post.
>
> There is a reason for it. It helps with readability if
> everyone conforms to the same practice, and the mailing
> archives online are easier to digest also.
>
> i find 'm easier to digest with topposting.
>

> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

What you're actually saying is you find them easier to digest with both
top AND bottom posting, because the majority of the list bottom posts as
according to the rules, and you flaunt it deliberately for some reason.
You're asking people on the list to not make assumptions about your
applications and your 'need' for threading, and then blatantly ignore
the rules on posting assuming that because you find a mix of top and
bottom posting 'easier' to read, then so too will others.

I'm not suddenly bringing this into focus now because you've asked
people not to 'butt in' but because of the rude way you responded to Per
Jessen about top-posting. I'm just asking that please, for the sake of
clarity and readability, you bottom post to the list. If everyone does
the same thing, it makes it a lot easier.

From: Ashley Sheridan on

From: Rene Veerman on
talk to me about this some other time.

atm i'm having an argument with per and his kind about their very very
annoying behaviour of determining my toolset for me.
keeping a thread on topic is also ettiquette from the mailinglist rules eh?

you might wanna consider just how much it pisses me off to have strangers
determining my toolset and/or lifestyle for me.
that's why i got rude. no other reason.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Ashley Sheridan